PDA

View Full Version : Dash light globe for disco...

matbor
24th February 2004, 08:39 AM
Just wondering where I can pick up one of those small (3mm) dash switch light globes from ? Don't want to try LRO because i have heard there about $9 each, can't see any at Dick Smith either.. any one else brought one recently around Melbourne, where from ? How much ?

matbor
24th February 2004, 11:05 AM
I think I have found them :
http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/bv/brow...&prodoid=255409 (http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/bv/browse/PriceInfoPopUp.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2088712055.107 7584327@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadckkgddjfmcfngcfkmdgkldfii.0&cacheID=auie&3255037302=3255037302&prodoid=255409) from RS Components I think it's 10 for $2 but minimum order of 10 packs. Part #: 587-670

Rang a LRO Dealer they charge $5-6 each.

Matt.

matbor
26th February 2004, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know what switches are available to use for accessories, i.e. spot lights, etc in a Disco 1, can only find cruise control switch and fog lamp accessory switches.. but was wondering if there is any specify switches for particular applications like spot lights, i.e the switch has a picture of a spot light on it, if u know what i mean !!

Phoenix
26th February 2004, 02:52 PM
You aren't having much luck getting people to reply here are you matbor!

Sorry that I can't be of any help here though

matbor
26th February 2004, 03:04 PM
nope no luck at all... seem to be answering all my own questions !!!

Blub problem was easy to solve just took a few phone calls !!!

robertsracing
27th February 2004, 09:53 PM
i have a 96 disco and it has a driving light switch on the gage cowl on left hand side but no driving lights yet
as all ways i sell 4x4 and trailer accessories and dont have a traier
or driving lights one day
they must be some thing you could buy when buying the car new
i know the service manager at steart webester landrover in seaford melbourne
i will ring him on monday and see if he can help you i will post asa i have some news
dale style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

matbor
28th February 2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks again dale, I know the Disco S2 update, you can get a special driving light switch as a guy at work has one fitted to his disco, but he said u can't get it as a spare part only as a kit, so would be interesting to see if the disco 1's had them as well and also if u can get them as a spare part... My car is the grey interiored one.

Thanks again.
matt.

landrovermick
28th February 2004, 09:19 PM
Mate I have my spottys wired to a standard LR switch in the dash pod. Its great and works a treat - though i initially had problems running too much current through the LR high beam switch.

Im told that for all things landrover with spottys and headlights get an auto elec to put a relay on Each circuit - should protect your switch - hope this sorta helps .............

sometimes it takes a while to get an answer

mick