PDA

View Full Version : Rims/tyres for Series

adamv8
3rd March 2004, 07:18 PM
I need to buy at least 2 tyres. I asked about Yokohama Y735B, (7.50R16), it seems that nobody knows them, I am thinking about Dunlop too (7.50R16 or 235.85R16)...but I don't have PAS and I am affraid to put wider tyres...
Other question is: are there any rims for Series which shift tyres "outside" ? Maybe FC101 rims do this ?
adam
LR StageI 84 V8

LandyAndy
4th March 2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Adam
Series 1 Disco steels are a common wheel used,they give you an inch off-set plus they are 7 inch wide.
A good source of 7.50 X 16 tyres are trade ins at larger tyre dealers,they are brand new, ex tojo and nisin utes which have had wide wheels fitted and usually have delivery k's only.
You can get them at up to 1/2 the price of new ones.
Cheers
Andrew

Turtle61
5th March 2004, 12:41 AM
Adam,

FC rims, 130 rims, Steel Disco Seris I rims will all fit a series.
Not sure about the width of the others but Disco Steels are 7 inch wide which may be too wide for many 750x16 tyres. 750 tyres are usually up to 6.5 inch rims (130) so have a look at manufacturer's rim/tyre fitment specs.

I have Disco Steels on the Turtle with 235/85R16 BFG TracEdge tyres. 235/85 are very close in rolling diametre to 750's but wider. The extra width of the rims is to the outside giving you a slightly wider track...

agrojnr
5th March 2004, 12:44 PM
Try motorway tyres they sell them

www.motorway-tyres.com.au

about $90 each fitted and balanced 7.50x16

adam :twisted:

Defender200Tdi
5th March 2004, 12:55 PM
I have Defender rims & 7.50 tyres for sale that will fit. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

here (http://www.aulro.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=861)

Paul

LandyAndy
5th March 2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Adam
Since buying your Disco you havent parted with the Ser3 have you???
I wouldnt go for retread tyres,I had one blow on the trailer on the way down from Perth loaded up with timber on sunday,it impressed me no end!!!!Ive just finished having the other 3 swaped over for secondhand cleanskins.
Is Shano still Rangerovering and doing up his 88inch?
I had a computer crash around xmas time and lost you guys email address's nextime I get them I will write them down!!
A mate of mine is demolishing a chicken farm in Forrestfeild,if your chasing any cheap timber or iron I can pass his number on.Cheep Cheep but you have to remove yourself.
Catch you later
Andrew

agrojnr
9th March 2004, 09:27 AM
Hi ya Andrew

motorway tyres do 3 different types of tyres and have a waranty like the name brand tyres

in one of the 4WD mags they are doing a test on these tyres with good results at the moment ( think 4WD monthly )

will send you email address's of shano and myself tonight

catch ya

adam

DaveS3
22nd March 2004, 06:31 PM
Late reply!

I run 33' mtrs on my S3 with a defender steering wheel (slightly smaller) and i can turn them fine!!, it was very strange as the steering was lighter with the new trires on, than when running 235/85's