PDA

View Full Version : Very well polished SERIES

bigbugga
7th March 2004, 12:08 AM
Click the link and see what happens when you polish to hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2461899245&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting)

Pedro_The_Swift
7th March 2004, 07:45 AM
nice undercoat,,,

:wink:

harry
7th March 2004, 09:17 AM
8) nice truck, what a shame the steering wheel is on the wrong side and its not in my backyard
mutter,mutter, thinks how much paint stripper to do a disco,
nah wake up.

VladTepes
7th March 2004, 12:43 PM
Mmmmm, shiny :!:

Back in the'70s there was an FJ Holden getting around, completely chromed. And I mean completely. Everything: body panels, engine, ancillaries etc etc etc . Now IT was shiny :!:

It was owned by the Webster brothers (If my memory isn't as bad as I think it is).

I'm sure their girlfriends hating polishing the bloody thing, though. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Judging by the Landy picture, though, shiny metal looks better on curved surfaces..... like FJ's and aeroplanes. (Yes, I do like them style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )

bigbugga
7th March 2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by VladTepes

Back in the'70s

I was learning to walk :twisted: :twisted:

Have found some history about this one on the Dweb, the owner has done this to a few other beasts as well.

Seems to like the polished aloy look.

Knight
8th March 2004, 08:12 AM
hmmm, very pretty!

Still admiring ANY D90 until i get mine! :roll:

Love that one though

Knight

Phoenix
9th March 2004, 09:53 AM
Mmmm, interesting finish, might get a few complaints from other drivers on a sunny day though :wink: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

VladTepes
9th March 2004, 10:58 AM
Speaking of which: wouldn't that alloy chequerplate on the front guards have the same effect ? :?

Phoenix
9th March 2004, 11:56 AM
Not too badly, only perhaps a little for the driver. Not really much for other vehicles though (unless they are VERY tall :wink: )

VladTepes
9th March 2004, 12:06 PM
Well I was thinking of the driver (that would be me) and don't really care about the effect on other vehicles (sorta kidding style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )

Anyone with these alloy chequerplate guards offer any comments ?

VladTepes
16th March 2004, 02:36 PM
I just had another :twisted: thought.

Rather than polish the bejeesus out of a landy why not just build a new body for it from alloy chequerplate !!!!!

bigbugga
16th March 2004, 05:02 PM
I just had another :twisted: thought.

Rather than polish the bejeesus out of a landy why not just build a new body for it from alloy chequerplate !!!!!

Would end up a bit heavier for a start, but at least you would always have somewhere to grate your cheese.

VladTepes
17th March 2004, 10:29 AM
Why do I get the impression you are not a fan of the idea ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

bigbugga
17th March 2004, 11:05 PM
Why do I get the impression you are not a fan of the idea ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

UMMMMMMM NO :?

VladTepes
18th March 2004, 02:19 PM
You're the type of guy that is always knocking us innovative types.
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

bigbugga
18th March 2004, 10:19 PM
You're the type of guy that is always knocking us innovative types.
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Innovative, or just loopy :?

VladTepes
18th March 2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah - it's a thin line....

Pedro_The_Swift
19th March 2004, 10:58 PM
sometimes its just plain seethrough,,,,,, :wink: