PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games Catching Fire

tonyci
6th December 2013, 08:42 AM
My Kids twisted my arm to take them to see The Hunger Games 2, after seeing the first one I was worried. I have to admit the second is far better then the first.
Weird story line, apparently the books are very good.
All in all not a bad movie.
Cheers
Tony

sheerluck
6th December 2013, 08:51 AM
We saw it last weekend. My preference was the other way round, I preferred the first film, as the second has a strange ending (although that is apparently how the book ends too).

Was still a good film though.

tonyci
6th December 2013, 08:57 AM
Agree the ending leaves you hanging , but it is set up for the 3rd and last in the series.
Tony

mateusz
6th December 2013, 07:12 PM
i agree great movie. Better than first?? different-different director perhaps?? i loved the first becsause it had a great build up to climax when the hunger games begin!! second was i believe more character building and we see both main characters mature. worth seeing especially the end!!! ps what ever happened to Tomorrow when the war began series?????:(

Landy Smurf
25th February 2014, 02:14 PM
I just watched this yesterday and loved it but I wasnt expecting it to end the way it did but I havnt read the books

gusthedog
25th February 2014, 02:31 PM
The books (as they generally are) are actually way better than the movie. Although the third book gets pretty angsty and the story line does get a little repetitive. Well worth a read for some light entertainment. And not as teen-ish as some of the other fiction for younger audiences.