PDA

View Full Version : run Iphone through origional stero

bikeman
20th December 2013, 07:07 AM
Hi all knowing sages,
I have a 1995 RRC soft dash, it is still in original condition. I want to run my music from my Iphone through the stereo. As the head unit has no aux input and I don't like the current holder/charger/fm style units. Is there another method of syncing my Iphone to the stereo. I am not looking at replacing the head unit as it works so well.
Thanks in advance to all. Phil :)

Don 130
20th December 2013, 11:52 AM
There is a device that plugs into the antenna socket on the back of your head unit with the antenna cable plugging into said device. iPod feeds in via cable direct into radio.
Or FM transmitter thingy.......
iPod FM Transmitter | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/bhp/ipod-fm-transmitter)
There are thousands of these.

Or some cleverdick radio repair types, can make a patch lead that is connected inside the radio itself. White man smoke and mirrors stuff. not for all radios either.
The FM transmitter is the cheapest and easiest.
Don.

Luke56000
20th December 2013, 03:42 PM
The ones that convert it to an fm signal or using a tape that you put in which runs off an aux cable is your best bet, not to fond of the tape option though. had one get jammed in the player before and could never get it out (not my land rover or it definitely would have come out!) and with the new one i had which was a more expensive one you can hear the tape playing inside the system over the speakers, not sure why but it happens

Don 130
20th December 2013, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't consider the tape cassette insert type at all. The tape player motor needs to be running all the time for this type to work. Un-nessesarily complex and as has been said, the motor noise sometimes comes through with the music.
Don.

Luke56000
20th December 2013, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't consider the tape cassette insert type at all. The tape player motor needs to be running all the time for this type to work. Un-nessesarily complex and as has been said, the motor noise sometimes comes through with the music.
Don.

Yeah its definitely not worth getting, it wont work %100 of the time either, sometimes i used to have to insert it and eject it a few times before it worked

Baggy
22nd December 2013, 12:18 AM
Hi Bikeman,

Check out the latest Repco catalog I just purchased an FM radio transmitter(Aerpro)for my iPhone for the pricey sum of $15.00c in Perth :D
Includes holder in one neat unit, haven't tried it just yet as I'm doing some mods to my (hand made) centre console to fit it in my RRC.

Should have it set up by tomorrow and will see how it preforms through my radio .....as others have suggested still the cheapest way to connect to your existing radio.

Cheers

Baggy

bikeman
22nd December 2013, 05:06 AM
Thanks to everyone. It seems that the FM style thingy is the cheapest way to go, this I will do for now. I have found that Parrot make a few different types of devices that can add a blue tooth to your system. With this you can run your music, phone etc through the existing stereo. This requires dismantling half the car, comes with patch leads etc. The Parrot MKi9200 is $575 installed at Strathfield Car Radio or about $250 on ebay and self install. Once again, thanks. Phil

MICHELINXMS244
23rd December 2013, 09:45 PM
My 1994 vogue lse runs iPhone straight into factory stereo.

Method:

Strip out radio unit from dash.

Open up. Fillet cassette deck.

Patch into cassette deck audio output to main board and wire in audio socket et voila. Use shielded cable.

The socket then screws to the cassette flap.

Simples.

Sounds great.

LSE factory stereo is first class.

Japanese quality from the golden era.

singlecell
24th December 2013, 07:31 AM
My 1994 vogue lse runs iPhone straight into factory stereo.

Method:

Strip out radio unit from dash.

Open up. Fillet cassette deck.

Patch into cassette deck audio output to main board and wire in audio socket et voila. Use shielded cable.

The socket then screws to the cassette flap.

Simples.

Sounds great.

LSE factory stereo is first class.

Japanese quality from the golden era.

Definitely the way to go. I did the same except I cut the tracks of my AM channel and connected to that.
Cheap and the best sound quality.

PhilipA
24th December 2013, 07:42 AM
If it is a Eurovox, they would probably do it for you.
They are based in Melbourne.
Regards Philip A