PDA

View Full Version : Help sound system d1

Luke56000
20th December 2013, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, I've just purchased a new head unit and two front speakers for my 1998 discovery 1 and wondering if anyone could give me a few tips for changing them over, read somewhere a while ago you have to remove the door cards in order to change the speakers over.
I've tried using the tool that was supplied with my new radio to remove my current one (Can check later but I think its the eurovox 4680 or something like that, its the standard tape player with the clock next to it) but this doesn't seem to do anything with it, heard about people using a wire coat hanger which I haven't tried but the two narrow slits on the side seem to be to thin to get something that big into it.

Anyone got any links or can even give me a quick DIY guide to change them over?

Have a mate whos an electrician that will help me with the wiring and all that its just the removal/installation part that we're not sure about

Cheers

Edit: just did a quick search and a eurovox 4680 seems to be a newer model, I know its something like a 4680 or 4450. it came standard with my disco, after i finish work tonight I'll have a look in the manual for the correct model number

jboot51
20th December 2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/technical-chatter/22646-eurovox-radio-removal-keys.html

Should be similar to what you need