PDA

View Full Version : Disco TD5 60K Service

AdamN
8th May 2004, 04:43 PM
Gday all, just got myself an 01 TD5 Disco which is due for it's 60,000 km service. As a part of the sale negotiations the LR dealer is going to do this for free. In the service book it doesn't give a detail description of what actually gets done/cleaned/replaced etc. Can any of you guys tell me what is to be done so i know they have done whats required, or let me know where i can find the info. I suppose i could ring the service dept. but thought i'd try here first. I've only had it a week and the fuel guage is still above half. The 97 V8 Disco i traded would have used about $70 by now. I am surprised at how well it goes, in fact i'd say it nearly goes as good as the V8. Thanks in advance.

Adam

Moses
11th May 2004, 06:01 PM
Quite a bit. I need to trawl through my tax files and extract the info you are looking for. My 60,000 service was done by my dealer (as were all my services) back in April '03. Stay tuned. I'll dig it up for you. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

KEV0044
11th May 2004, 06:25 PM

Moses
11th May 2004, 06:34 PM
Okay, grab a cup of coffee. this is going to go on for a bit... :roll:

Check condition and security of seat belts.
Check operation of all lamps horn and warning devices.
Check operation of front and rear wipers and washers.
Check operation of hand brake and adjust as required.
Remove all road wheels.
Check all tyres and pressures.
Inspect brake pads, discs and calipers.
Check road wheel sensor electrical harness.
Drain fuel sedimenter.
Refit all road wheels.
Visually check intercooler/radiator for blockage and fan blades for damage.
Lube all hinges, door check lock mechanisms and bonnet catch.
Flush cooling system test radiator and cap. inspect hoses and core.
Renew air cleaner element and cleaned drain holes.
Check condition of drive belts.
Check and top up brake, PAS,Clutch,ACE and washer bottle levels.
Check battery condition.
Renew engine oil.
Renew centrifuge rotor.
Renew full flow filter.
Check and top up transfer box oil.
Check and top up front and rear axle oil levels.
Lube prop shaft universal.sliding joints.
Check free play in anti roll bras and condition of rubber boots.
Check condition of gaitors to ACE acuators.
Visually check brake servo hose, brake, fuel, clutch pipes, unions ACE pipes and electrical harnesses for chaffing, leaks and corrosion.
Check for leaks from steering, suspension and hydraulic lines.
Check for fluid leaks from engine, gearbox, transfer box, and axles.
Check exhaust for leaks and damage.
Check steering rod ball joint fixings and condition of boots.
Check shock absorbers/height sensors and harness assemblies.
Check/tighten front and rear axle suspension links.
Check security of towing bracket.
Connect testbook and interrogate computers.
Carry out road test.
Check vehicle for corrossion warranty.
Endorse service record and change windscreen sticker.

$550.00.

One of the key things here is the paper oil filter (the white spin on one) that LR call the "Full Flow Filter" is changed every 60,000Km. 8)

I hope this helps you out. This looks like a standard print out and some parts will be "as applicable" if you don't have ACE or a clutch or height adjusters etc. I don't have any of that fancy stuff in my TD5. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

AdamN
11th May 2004, 06:58 PM
Kev, first rego on 8 - 2 - 01, so just out of factory warranty, but have got the standard 3mths/5000km second hand vehicle warranty.

Moses, man, thanks for all that typing, thats exactly what i was looking for. The books say nothing but it says allow 2.6 hrs so i figured it'd be a big'un. They said it would be $5-600 so it all makes sense. Mines auto, no ACE, but factory 7 seater so SLS. Its got full LR service history so i'm glad to get them to do the 60k service and keep that going. Is there anything else i should make sure gets looked at/done?

Thanks heaps,
Adam

Moses
11th May 2004, 07:05 PM
A couple of major points:

I'm not sure if it was a complete recall but some TD5's needed to have the ECU and Injector harnesses replaced. The harness wiring insulation is made of a material called "kapton" and it wicks the oil up the wires and into the ECU! Mine was done by the dealer before I knew of this problem. One benefit of this mod is that the low range throttle response is much smoother. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

A very recent recall is to have the ABS modulator replaced. You should end up with a red and white sticker on the drivers door pillar when this is done.

Other than that, Happy Motoring!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

AdamN
12th May 2004, 05:39 AM
Thank you Moses style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Adam

Moses
12th May 2004, 04:30 PM
No worries, Matey!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif