PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Lights for TDV6

giskard
19th January 2014, 04:45 PM
I have an MY13 TDV6 that has the standard halogen lights. After a little research, it sounds like its possible to get Xenons and then get them enabled via a service menu of some sort?

Has anyone done this? If so, what sort of money are you looking at to get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Sparkybreno
19th January 2014, 05:20 PM
I'm interested in this as well. Just took delivery two days ago of an my13 tdv6 with a stack of options but not xenons. Coming from a car with bi-xenon lights it will be difficult to adjust. I notice it has separate low and high beam lamps so a bi-xenon setup may be possible?

Graeme
19th January 2014, 07:36 PM
The whole assembly needs to be replaced. Expensive new but perhaps used ones can be obtained from the UK.

ytt105
19th January 2014, 07:43 PM
What about the aftermarket kits?

Has anyone installed them?

sheerluck
19th January 2014, 07:49 PM
There's a couple of places selling the OEM assembly, for about £350. But the shipping cost is a killer.

RichardK
19th January 2014, 10:47 PM
I bought brand new assemblies out of UK (50% cheaper than LRA stealers). They are plug and play, just remove the QH assemblies and install, they work without doing anything to the ECU's although I did change my instrument pack's system configuration later to BX

discojools
20th January 2014, 02:42 PM
I bought brand new assemblies out of UK (50% cheaper than LRA stealers). They are plug and play, just remove the QH assemblies and install, they work without doing anything to the ECU's although I did change my instrument pack's system configuration later to BX

Where did I you get them from and how much delivered ? Of course if went ahead I might have to take off my OL bar! Haven't had to change a bulb yet on my D4 TDV6 so don't know about removing light assembly. I know I couldn't on my previous ARB barred D3.