PDA

View Full Version : Nice site, folks ... well done

YT2
24th May 2004, 01:20 PM
I guess it was very rude of me, but I posted the notice advertising my TD5 Disco on your "For sale" forum before I'd even introduced myself.

Canberra-based and newly retired, I'm heading for my third Discovery. I started with a 96 TDi and moved to a TD5 in Nov 2000. I guess I don't really stretch the vehicles at all ... I don't tow and I don't go much beyond the blacktop. The most they do is get me to and around Lake Eucumbene where the trout generally make me look like an idiot. But I have to say that I've enjoyed both Disco's more than any other cars I've owned ... and that's a fairly long list. Comfort and reliability have been absolutely first class (... despite what you read in the graffiti press). I've even enjoyed good relations with the after sales and service people at L/R in Canberra.

Biggest whinge about the Disco? Well its trivial I s'pose, but I would have liked to be able to stretch out in the rear when I'm fishing overnight up in Koskiusko National Park. The TD5 is better than the old TDi, but still a bit too short for me. I'm 6'3" (or whatever that is in newspeak) and wrapping myself in a sleeping bag and sleeping upright (or curled in a ball) is a bit ordinary. But all things considered ... the knowledge I'm in a totally reliable vehicle with heaps of capability in reserve helps me sleep ... even if it is -12 or so..

I'm looking forward to getting my new Disco .... I guess there's always a bit of heart-in-the-mouth stuff when you move from a reliable vehicle to a new model, but if the past record is anything to go by ... there should be no dramas. Besides ... it gives me something to do every 3-4 years.

I look forward to reading a bit more of the material on this fine site and to contributing some of my own from time to time.

Whitey

Knight
24th May 2004, 01:25 PM
Hey Whitey!

Sounds like a new car for you then! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif Congratulations (for when you get it that is)

Make sure you post some pics of it in the gallery when you get it!

Cheers
Knight :wink:

Phoenix
24th May 2004, 01:44 PM
Glad you like the site, oh and welcome to AULRO style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

Sounds like you are lucky enough to be able to take in the fishing a bit, just remember, they can't hide forever style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

KEV0044
24th May 2004, 03:57 PM

landrovermick
25th May 2004, 08:23 AM
Excellent - Eucumbene is a great spot Im in a fishing club that meets at Anglers Reach - Cup week for the festival. Mpsty get out on a boat, but would like some hints on bank fishing - preerably on the south side from the portal down to Old Adda???? anyone know any spots.

Kev hopefully youll be able to get down in Nov and well be able to Can on a bit and put a line or two in....

Mick