PDA

View Full Version : Tap king

mjm295
8th February 2014, 08:57 PM
Just had my first bad one, clicked it in and all the gas escaped :-( nice man at Liquer Land swapped it over.

More importantly I now have 12 empties. Plan is to refill with home brew :-)

Just need to find a suitable gas canister

debruiser
8th February 2014, 09:04 PM
I had been wondering about that refill thing myself! You will have to share if it is successful. :D

LandyAndy
8th February 2014, 09:14 PM
You can get connectors to suit Soda Stream cartridges;);););).
Andrew

mjm295
9th February 2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah I'll let you know how I go,

Soda stream adapter sound like its worth looking in to.

Just moved house so need to sort the gear out and start cleaning!!!

Ralph1Malph
10th February 2014, 07:20 PM
I have seen those in the bottlo. Are they worth the initial investment?
I tend to buy a 6 pack whenever I want to imbibe as buying a carton tends to turn me from social drinker into a social drinker whose tipsy!
I often thought they might be a marketing scam?:p:eek:

Cheers
Ralph

Reads90
10th February 2014, 07:39 PM
I tend to buy a 6 pack whenever I want to imbibe as buying a carton tends to turn me from social drinker into a social drinker whose tipsy!
I often thought they might be a marketing scam?:p:eek:

Cheers
Ralph

I have one in the fridge and I like it. Nice to have a drink with dinner.

Dazza67
10th February 2014, 08:45 PM
Been using mine since Sep, cant get enough of it. Not really a big beer drinker but dam the tooheys extra dry is nice.

Bought one for the old man and he promptly got the head and traced the hole onto the end of a medium size esky, got the jigsaw out and cut a hole to fit.

Then sickaflexed the head in position. It now has just enough room to click the keg in place and fill with ice. Keg on the go for camping.

It has room for the 2nd keg to sit in the top on ice.

He calls it "The Kegsky" :cool:

Make sure you go to the FB page for tap king and enter in the promo codes on the side of the kegs to get your free beer button that goes on the tap king to show what beer is in it.

I will grab a pic or two.

Dazza

mjm295
11th February 2014, 05:16 PM
Ralph

Yeah its nice to have in the fridge for that odd pint with dinner, but no good when the lads pop round, its gone in no time.

Scallops
20th February 2014, 04:15 PM
I just love mine. I get the Boags and the Chancer Golden Ale.

I had a dud bottle. If you contact Lion Nathan, they send you a reply paid box to return the dud empty (plus the dispensing mechanism that is part of the bottle), and they give you a voucher..... which bought me 2 more.....

So give 'em a call!

Redback
24th February 2014, 01:18 PM
I compared this to buying a carton, Tap King kegs have less beer and cost more than a carton of the same product, even without the Tap, this is not value for money IMO.

Baz.

Tombie
24th February 2014, 01:45 PM
I compared this to buying a carton, Tap King kegs have less beer and cost more than a carton of the same product, even without the Tap, this is not value for money IMO.

Baz.

Spot on... Not value - Its convenience...

Redback
24th February 2014, 01:58 PM
Spot on... Not value - Its convenience...

IMO, no different to opening the fridge door taking out a stubbie and opening it, actually there's one more move using the Tap King, you have to get a glass:p

Baz.

mjm295
25th February 2014, 10:57 PM
Stub bites aren't refillable with home brew though :wasntme:

Redback
26th February 2014, 08:06 AM
I re-use my non twist top stubbies for homebrew:cool:

I guess that would be a good option afterwards, might look into that for camping:D

Baz.

LandyAndy
26th February 2014, 08:56 PM
Baz
Have you seen the 10lt kegs???
Would be good for camping,you charge them initialy off your bottle to carbonate then use "nangs" to serve.
Good for parties/camping etc.
Andrew

Redback
28th February 2014, 09:53 AM
Baz
Have you seen the 10lt kegs???
Would be good for camping,you charge them initialy off your bottle to carbonate then use "nangs" to serve.
Good for parties/camping etc.
Andrew

Yes Andy, I have one, it's not bad, still a bit large for camping, but good for BBQs and such.

Baz.

lokka
28th February 2014, 12:09 PM
Tapking is WOFTAM IMHO

Carton of coopers wins hands down every time even more so now they make coopers mild ale in cans its the perfect camping beer and the cans can be burnt or squashed and taken home :D

clubagreenie
28th February 2014, 12:21 PM
Yeah. But its beer in cans. There's something just not right there.

lokka
28th February 2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah. But its beer in cans. There's something just not right there.

Nothing wrong with beer in a can and for camping its the best method :D

If you prefer your beer in a glass by the crap king leave my tinies alone :D

mjm295
6th March 2014, 02:33 PM
I re-use my non twist top stubbies for homebrew:cool:

I was always told a 375 stubbie was too small for ageing/maturing/clearing or whatever goes on. Teacher always told me use at least a long neck. Obviously its working well for you...

Redback
9th March 2014, 06:47 PM
I was always told a 375 stubbie was too small for ageing/maturing/clearing or whatever goes on. Teacher always told me use at least a long neck. Obviously its working well for you...

Knowone has ever mentioned that to me, at the moment mine aren't working all that well, so I might try this theory, can't hurt I guess:(

Baz.