PDA

View Full Version : Pebbly Beach 2014

djhampson
9th February 2014, 06:26 PM
As is usual with Pebbly Beach there isn't much action to report but we all had a relaxing weekend.

We had Jason and Family, Josh and Tom, and myself and the parents.

The creek crossing was the easiest its been since we've been going to Pebbly. It was barely high enough to wet halfway up the wheels. Compared to two years ago when we almost needed snorkels it made getting in a lot easier on the cars.

Sunset on Saturday night
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2014/02/927.jpg

Outlaw
10th February 2014, 03:35 PM
I would like to report I absolutely love Pebbly Beach!!!

Been trying to get there for the last 3 years and finally arrived... only need two things that could make this place better; an hour or so closer and for the creek to be freshwater :D

Cheers for the company from everyone, we have a brilliant bunch of members... definitely going down a day earlier next year ;)

Presto
10th February 2014, 03:38 PM
Did anyone catch anything? (of the fish variety)

djhampson
10th February 2014, 03:39 PM
Jason got a fish of some description... he has photos as proof

Presto
10th February 2014, 03:40 PM
chop chop Jason!! :p

....without pics posted here it never happened! :)

Outlaw
10th February 2014, 05:26 PM
I'm not ashamed to say i took two surf rods and four other rods... Then when down there, Tom and I both decided to not even bother unhooking them from the car :Rolling:

djhampson
10th February 2014, 05:28 PM
I heard a rumour that you might have forgotten to buy bait.... :wasntme:

Sparky71
10th February 2014, 05:42 PM
we arrived about 1;30 on thursday and the weather wasnt the best, but the tides being so low we crossed close to high tide with no trouble at all .we had a bit of rain in the afternoon and the evening but friday ,saturday and sunday were perfect.we spent plenty of time playing in the creek,which is what i love about this place so much , we had our canoe and i had a borrowed stand up paddle board.which les and the kids had a ball on .i spent plenty of time fishing with my son which i really enjoyed as did he, there was only 1 fish caught and as soon as i can get my son to show me how to post it , it will be up. thanks to everyone who came ,it was a fantastic trip as always and we certainly enjoyed everyones company,especially around the fire .this is one spot i will certainly keep coming back to ,and for anyone who hasnt been yet you really dont know what your missing out on.we also had some very close encounters with a large goanna that was incredibly tame the only down side was that he mistook my finger for food had a nip at me ,but that was all in good fun,had a ball and cant wait to go back again, probably this year because I dont think i will be able to wait till next year.
regards
Jason

Outlaw
10th February 2014, 05:48 PM
Well yes forgot bait but think that was a blessing in disguise.... And did have a good range of lures :p

Presto
10th February 2014, 05:53 PM
Well yes forgot bait but think that was a blessing in disguise.... And did have a good range of lures :p

It seems the only thing you lured was a great big Goanna!? :p ...and when it got close, preferred the taste of Jason!? :D