PDA

View Full Version : Camo pattern

camo388
3rd March 2014, 03:45 PM
I am writing from Canada with some question about this camo pattern in pic 1. The picture came up on another forum and I thought I would like to use the digital pattern on my 110.
What I would like to know is the size of the pixel? From another pic that showed the taillight, I'm assuming about 10 cm square?
British Army vehicles I've seen at a training base, (BATUS, in southern Alberta), use wavy bands of tan and light green across the vehicle, pic 2. BATUS is in a flat and open grass land area, no trees. On your camo is the dark brown/black pattern completely random?

Thanks in advance, Bruce

shining
3rd March 2014, 04:16 PM
This is the camo pattern that is more common (that I remember).
Australian Military Vehicles (http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-AUS-Land-Vehicles.html)
You have to scroll down a bit.

Don 130
3rd March 2014, 07:25 PM
I googled 'Australian army pixelated camouflage patterns'.
Have a look
Don.

303gunner
4th March 2014, 02:15 AM
I am writing from Canada with some question about this camo pattern in pic 1. The picture came up on another forum and I thought I would like to use the digital pattern on my 110.
What I would like to know is the size of the pixel?

On your camo is the dark brown/black pattern completely random?

Thanks in advance, Bruce
The digital cam only features on canopies and wheel covers. Not used on painted body panels. Originally, vehicles were fitted with a treated cotton duck canvas canopy which featured a random sized "Hex" cam. Later, a vinyl/rubberised canopy material was introduced (called "Barracuda" canopies) which has the digital/pixel cam you describe. These canopies are found on 6x6 Rovers and Unimogs.

The painted cam pattern is to an Official drawing, with natural/irregular minor variations from vehicle to vehicle. The Green is a unique Australian colour, but is quite close to FS595 34088, the Tan Brown IS FS595 30219, the Black is FS595 37038.

303gunner
4th March 2014, 02:21 AM
Some more examples of the Hex Cam and Digi Cam.

The blocks, or Pixels, on the Digi Cam vary in size between 3" and 3 1/2".

camo388
5th March 2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys just the information I needed.
I wanted to do the whole vehicle because my 110 is ex military so wanted to keep the flavor so to speak but be different. Hex cam looks neat but could be difficult to paint. Mine might need to be 4 colours, green, tan, black and WHITE.
Snow arrived late October and with the temperatures we are now having, will last well into April. I'm getting tired of looking at it.
I used Norwegian winter camo on my Lightweight and nearly lose it in the bush.:D

Bruce