PDA

View Full Version : how do i get the tailgate handle off

dindsy
14th April 2014, 02:02 PM
Trying to install a reverse camera into the handle on my D4. I have taken out the 4 screws but the handle won't budge. I popped out the number plate lights and it looks like the whole handle assembly is stuck to the car with something. Do I just pry it loose somehow?

cheers.

~Rich~
14th April 2014, 02:33 PM
You have to pop the interior trim off to reveal the hidden fixings. ;)

eddomak
14th April 2014, 03:24 PM
Trying to install a reverse camera into the handle on my D4. I have taken out the 4 screws but the handle won't budge. I popped out the number plate lights and it looks like the whole handle assembly is stuck to the car with something. Do I just pry it loose somehow?
cheers.

You might like to look at page 16 from this PDF (GVIF Install (http://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/14904/Discovery_III_Multimedia_Installation.pdf)). Actually since you're doing a reverse camera install, then the whole document could be of interest to you.

dindsy
14th April 2014, 06:42 PM
You might like to look at page 16 from this PDF (GVIF Install (http://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/14904/Discovery_III_Multimedia_Installation.pdf)). Actually since you're doing a reverse camera install, then the whole document could be of interest to you.

Thanks, I figured it out eventually and did find that in my searching but didn't read it properly.

Do you know if those GVIF interfaces will connect the D4 radio up to a windows CE device. I bought a 7" Nav unit. It's a windows CE device and I can run igo and Ozi explorer and input the camera. if the GVIF will connect everything up to the new display then I might experiment a bit.

eddomak
14th April 2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I figured it out eventually and did find that in my searching but didn't read it properly.

Do you know if those GVIF interfaces will connect the D4 radio up to a windows CE device. I bought a 7" Nav unit. It's a windows CE device and I can run igo and Ozi explorer and input the camera. if the GVIF will connect everything up to the new display then I might experiment a bit.

Sorry, I don't know much about the GVIF itself. I have the D4 with the poverty pack screen so it wasn't going to help me. Also depending on what you want to do with the screen to display the rear camera you can look for "Blackvue installation" to get some ideas for how to run wiring up to the rear vision mirror area.

dindsy
14th April 2014, 07:22 PM
:D l like that description. Poverty Pack Screen. That's what I have, It's a useless screen.hence the Chinese Nav unit.