PDA

View Full Version : What are the biggest best looking tyres.........

B.S.F.
15th May 2014, 12:58 PM
Now that I've got your attention, are 14-ply bias belted tyres harder to fit by hand on to standard L/R rims (272309) than 8-ply . I've got no trouble fitting the 8-plys. Thank you.W.

schuy1
18th May 2014, 04:41 PM
14 ply bias? :o Dont you like the fillings in your teeth? or just dont like your spine at all? 14p will be rough as on a lightish vehicle like a landrover. I had 10s on the defender and they were like solids! :D
But to answer your original Q ,no, they should be no harder to fit than 8's. It is the tread and wall that has the plys, the bead does not alter much.
Cheers Scott

JDNSW
18th May 2014, 05:02 PM
Actually, I think you will - when fitting you have to flex the sidewalls, and these will be significantly stiffer.

John

B.S.F.
18th May 2014, 06:44 PM
Thank you for your replies. Just after I posted my question I found this site.
Beadell Tours - Tyre Footprints by Mick Hutton (http://www.beadelltours.com.au/tyre_footprint.html)

B.S.F.
18th May 2014, 07:14 PM
14 ply bias? :o Dont you like the fillings in your teeth? or just dont like your spine at all? 14p will be rough as on a lightish vehicle like a landrover. I had 10s on the defender and they were like solids! :D

Cheers Scott

For me ,in this kind of country getting there at all is more important than getting there in comfort. .W.