PDA

View Full Version : wow...

Mick91
17th June 2014, 04:20 PM
Check this out, anyone seen anything retrofits like this before?

1997 Land Rover 110 Perentie (http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Land-Rover-110-1997/SSE-AD-2852032/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1)

Homestar
17th June 2014, 05:29 PM
Not bad, but when I said 'wow' it was because of the price. Not sure how you justify charging $50k for that conversion.

holeyhardtop
17th June 2014, 07:16 PM
Saw that beast advertised and it is something I had mentally built in my head, and good to see it is actually do-able. Darn expensive though for the level of fit-out. Now just to get one for me.

Homestar
17th June 2014, 08:22 PM
Just wait a while. Prices at the auctions have already dropped dramatically, and will continue to soften. Those that bought early and high will have a hard time shifting them for the money they will want.

Even at the moment, $20K ish will get you one on the road ready to go. A paint job, and a fit out wouldn't cost another 20, so i think you could do what has been done here for about half the price.

I've been told I can get one if I sell the 101, but as that ain't ever happening, I'll just have to wait and bide my time.

Surfrat70
19th June 2014, 08:51 AM
Hmm, I went down to Minto on Monday looking for a 110 perente - ended up with lot 25. Took quick look at the 6x6's while I was there - lot 6 looked near new, '97 model. Didn't look at it's books as I was not in the market, but it seemed to be a bargain for $20kish.
Cheers

Rosco8
19th June 2014, 10:43 PM
Hmm, I went down to Minto on Monday looking for a 110 perente - ended up with lot 25. Took quick look at the 6x6's while I was there - lot 6 looked near new, '97 model. Didn't look at it's books as I was not in the market, but it seemed to be a bargain for $20kish.
Cheers

My son crawled over and under that 6x6 and it seemed brand new and tried very hard to convince me to get it .. bargain in the end .. was a new log book and said very little .. but light truck licence and rego's so like you I went for a 4x4 and ended up with lot 19, the 1st FFR when you went in, seemed straight and everything was pretty tight and nothing leaking when we went over it and log book read well ... will know more when I collect it next week :cool::cool: