PDA

View Full Version : driving lights power source D3?

winaje
23rd June 2014, 10:45 AM
Hi all. Am in the process of moving my mods etc from D2 to D3. Want to install my Fyrlyts on the bumper until I get a bar. In looking at the battery connections there appears to be a normal -ve connector fitted, but the +ve seems to be a connection block that hangs off the side of the battery. Is this some sort of monitor for smarter charging etc? If so, where can I tap into the highest current most direct connections?

Thanks

drivesafe
23rd June 2014, 11:55 AM
Hi winaje, and there is a tapped 8M hole on the top of the cranking battery’s positive ( + ) terminal but you MUST NOT connect anything to the cranking battery’s negative ( - ) terminal, as this will interfere with the D3’s BMS.

For the positive terminal, you can use an 8M x 12mm bolt and job done.

For the negative connection, if you have a look at the inside of the guard, just in front of the cranking battery’s plastic compartment, you will see two 6M studs. You can use these for the negative connection.

crawal
23rd June 2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks drivesafe , just check over mine on the week end and they have earth the winch to the neg side so i will change it over

Basil135
24th June 2014, 02:59 PM
You may find this of assistance too:

Back of the Headlight. In the plug itself.
From memory Blue/Black R/H or Blue/Slate L/H headlight.
This is where i picked up my high beam switch wire from & many other customers.

Cheers

Graeme
24th June 2014, 07:05 PM
.. the +ve seems to be a connection block that hangs off the side of the battery.The D4 has a 500A fuse for the starter cable there so probably the same.