PDA

View Full Version : blocked turbo drain pipe

stray dingo
26th June 2014, 06:31 PM
Its seems my turbo drain pipe is blocked.
Obviously it is being replaced, but can a blockage do any long term damage to the turbo - anything I need to worry about, or should have checked now before it comes out of warranty at the end of the year?

Thanks

JamesH
26th June 2014, 07:39 PM
I think I had that problem. I got the upgrade which I thought solved my problem but they later found a leak. They went to replace the pipe and did not like what they saw in the second turbo so replaced it. Not sure about what actually happened because apart from my first comment regarding too much smoke under throttle back at the first six month checkup, I had no complaints. It was something the dealer did off their own bat.

Graeme
27th June 2014, 06:08 AM
Its seems my turbo drain pipe is blocked.
Was it blocked or just that it was the earlier version that used a scavanger pump rather than a direct drain? I fitted the direct drain to the sump kit to my MY10 to overcome the occasional inadequate draining via the pump.

stray dingo
27th June 2014, 04:08 PM
The mech said the pipe is blocked and is leaking, so is replacing just that as far as I know (2 hours labour). Its a MY12 model so shouldn't have the scavenger pump fitted (?)