PDA

View Full Version : D3 reversing sensor distance calibration

winaje
5th July 2014, 07:43 AM
Hi all. I reverse up to a concrete wall where I park at work, and have noticed that when the reversing beep turns into a solid squeal, I still have about 45cm before hitting the wall. Is there any way to adjust this calibration? I'd like about 10-15cm if possible...

Epic pooh
5th July 2014, 08:22 AM
That sounds quite normal, don't think you can calibrate them (could be wrong). Another reason to have unpainted bumpers ... wall, no problem if you misjudge !

winaje
7th July 2014, 10:22 AM
So does everybody put up with the solid noise at that distance? Seems like a waste of parking space etc...

101RRS
7th July 2014, 10:48 AM
So does everybody put up with the solid noise at that distance? Seems like a waste of parking space etc...

Yes - it is an aid to parking not the be and end all.

I really do not see what the issue is. If you need to park closer than 40cm then maybe you need a reversing camera or someone to guide you.

winaje
7th July 2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the replies.

the_preacher1973
7th July 2014, 11:31 AM

Well, if I need to be closer than that I wait until the solid squeal and then move another 30cm back. It's not like the car applies the brakes when the solid squeal starts.

Graeme
7th July 2014, 03:58 PM
Ah, just don't drive so slowly and you'll be at the wall before you can stop!