PDA

View Full Version : D4 auto trans

Ean Austral
16th August 2014, 12:42 PM
Gday All,

Does the D4 suffer the same as the D3 and need ( or recommend ) the steel pan conversion on the auto trans.

Cheers Ean

TerryO
16th August 2014, 01:13 PM
I believe they do Ean, anyway whether its a D3 or D4 they all need their auto's servicing far more often than Land Rover says they do, especially if you tow on a regular basis.

maggsie
16th August 2014, 02:21 PM
Mine has travelled 78000klms, just bought it, has full service history. It is being converted on Monday, @ $1000.00 all up.
Regards
Maggsie

Ean Austral
16th August 2014, 02:35 PM
I believe they do Ean, anyway whether its a D3 or D4 they all need their auto's servicing far more often than Land Rover says they do, especially if you tow on a regular basis.

Thanks Terry , was just wondering if L/R woke up to the oil change need and fitted a more practicle system , guess its ZF not L/R but they could recommend they be built with the steel pan.

Cheers Ean

Plane Fixer
16th August 2014, 03:47 PM
On my D4 at 73,000 km I had the service. I was told that they cit the old plastic pan off as it has an integral filter and fitted the metal pan.
As the filter is separate to the pan it makes it a lot easier to remove the pan and replace the filter, as now it is easy to work around the crossmember.
I have stuck with Lifeguard 6 as I am still under warranty It is certainly cheap insurance for the tranny.

Redback
19th August 2014, 09:54 AM
Had our D4 done recently Ean, as part of the 80,000k service, steel pan fitted also.

Baz.

maggsie
19th August 2014, 03:42 PM
Mine was done yesterday, steel pan, filter and oil, $1000.00. The old oil was clean but I have peace of mind plus the next service in another 80000klms, will be cheaper.
The car was fully checked over by Jordan Rovertech in Perth and was given a clean bill of health. Very happy camper!
Regards
Maggsie