PDA

View Full Version : PAINT COLOUR?

DOS LANDY
28th August 2014, 05:07 PM
Hi there, could anyone tell me an original code or manufacturer of the paint colour from Australian Series 2A Military Land Rovers? Looking to get a respray over the existing as it's pretty worn.

Thanks

The ho har's
28th August 2014, 06:44 PM
Depends on if before Vietnam war or after, some will shout me down here.

All Series IIa's were ware deep bronze Green before they went to Vietnam.

Mine has no Vietnam history, so I have chosen Deep Bronze Green:)

code not sure off, we go by sight of and panel that has not seen daylight:) and Paint accordingly

Mrs hh:angel:

1950landy
28th August 2014, 07:44 PM
Depends on if before Vietnam war or after, some will shout me down here.

All Series IIa's were ware deep bronze Green before they went to Vietnam.

Mine has no Vietnam history, so I have chosen Deep Bronze Green:)

code not sure off, we go by sight of and panel that has not seen daylight:) and Paint accordingly

The problem with deep bronze paint coad it is a British standard coad & paint co's here don't work on british standard. & when you get the paint site mixed the never know how much of each tint they put in so even if you ask them for the coad you never get it.:mad:

The ho har's
1st September 2014, 11:09 AM
The problem with deep bronze paint coad it is a British standard coad & paint co's here don't work on british standard. & when you get the paint site mixed the never know how much of each tint they put in so even if you ask them for the coad you never get it.:mad:

The paint place HH uses prints the formula out for him, so he can get more paint if it's needed.