PDA

View Full Version : Army Interpretation Services AKA what the “hek” does this plate say??

whatthe
12th September 2014, 09:40 AM
OK I have now learned what these plates are (thank BarefootDave).. Now I just have to learn how to read them, ah….

Trying to figure out which are the best of the bunch, off the latest auction lot (sept 14) at Minto.

I’m thinking with everyone’s attention on the RFS Landover’s. It may be a good time to snap up a 110 softop.

Thanks for any help

Dazed and confused as always

LandroverScott
12th September 2014, 10:02 PM
OK I have now learned what these plates are (thank BarefootDave).. Now I just have to learn how to read them, ah….

Trying to figure out which are the best of the bunch, off the latest auction lot (sept 14) at Minto.

I’m thinking with everyone’s attention on the RFS Landover’s. It may be a good time to snap up a 110 softop.

Thanks for any help

Dazed and confused as always

If you go over to the REMLR forum or website it has definitions of what the mods the numbers relate too

cheers
Scott

whatthe
13th September 2014, 09:15 AM
If you go over to the REMLR forum or website it has definitions of what the mods the numbers relate too

cheers
Scott

Yes looked there, even registered.. I can't find a definitive list of what all the codes mean. I have been able to figure out about half of them so far.

303gunner
13th September 2014, 01:36 PM
Barefoot Dave's buyers guide will give you all the info you need (and more!) served up on a spoon.

http://buymilitaryvehicles.com/collections/perentie-ex-military-land-rover-buyers-guide/products/buyers-guide-to-ex-military-land-rovers (http://buymilitaryvehicles.com/collections/perentie-ex-military-land-rover-buyers-guide/products/buyers-guide-to-ex-military-land-rovers)

If you're considering buying at the auctions, this guide is a must.

Barefoot Dave
13th September 2014, 03:19 PM
G'day PHTest.
Something for nothing time;
If the vehicle still has the original 25place Mod plate,with out the replacement 49 place one, it might pay to keep looking.
Mods exceeded #25 in the early '90s, so this vehicle might not have had a caring hand layed on it since then.
SOP at service time is to carry out any outstanding mods. They reached #36.
Check if the vehicle has seatbelt protectors and the external bonnet latch.
If not, get far, far away. Unless it is in collectors condition.

Mate, please don't start a new thread on the same subject. this place has so much information and is hard enough to search without multiple posts on the same topic by the same person.
No offence intened.

whatthe
16th October 2014, 08:01 PM
G'day PHTest.
Something for nothing time;
If the vehicle still has the original 25place Mod plate,with out the replacement 49 place one, it might pay to keep looking.
Mods exceeded #25 in the early '90s, so this vehicle might not have had a caring hand layed on it since then.
SOP at service time is to carry out any outstanding mods. They reached #36.
Check if the vehicle has seatbelt protectors and the external bonnet latch.
If not, get far, far away. Unless it is in collectors condition.

Mate, please don't start a new thread on the same subject. this place has so much information and is hard enough to search without multiple posts on the same topic by the same person.
No offence intened.

Thanks Barefoot.

I'm now more confused with the answer than I was with the question :)

Maybe I should start another thread about it about it

Barefoot Dave
16th October 2014, 08:13 PM
Barefoot Dave's buyers guide will give you all the info you need (and more!) served up on a spoon.

http://buymilitaryvehicles.com/collections/perentie-ex-military-land-rover-buyers-guide/products/buyers-guide-to-ex-military-land-rovers (http://buymilitaryvehicles.com/collections/perentie-ex-military-land-rover-buyers-guide/products/buyers-guide-to-ex-military-land-rovers)

If you're considering buying at the auctions, this guide is a must.

The Mod Plate decoder charts run to 6 1/2 pages and represents 1 1/2 weeks of cross referencing and confirmation from Mil documents and EMEIs. This is why I don't just give it away.
Cheers, Dave.

ps, thanks for the support Mr 303 :)

whatthe
17th October 2014, 05:40 AM
The Mod Plate decoder charts run to 6 1/2 pages and represents 1 1/2 weeks of cross referencing and confirmation from Mil documents and EMEIs. This is why I don't just give it away.
Cheers, Dave.

ps, thanks for the support Mr 303 :)

:) I had no idea, it must have taken some doing to write & compile it. As someone who spent the last 2 weeks writing programs only to give them all away. I can so relate to that.

I will get your guide next auction up, when the money is burning a hole in my pocket again.

Recently purchased a Nissan Patrol so have moved on to that site

Thanks