PDA

View Full Version : Perentie wanted

martyn jones
4th November 2014, 08:25 AM
Can any one point me in the right direction I would like to buy a good condition perentie and have it shipped to Wales .obviously being in wales I don't really know where to start and having to be careful I am not being ripped of any advice would be grateful

303gunner
4th November 2014, 01:16 PM
You know this will be an expensive purchase, so why not cough up for a flight out and satisfy yourself with a personal inspection? The disposal auctions are held each month in Sydney, and some interstate capitals at the same time. It's not unusual for interested Aussie buyers to fly interstate to inspect an individual vehicle that interests them. Seeing photos, either from the auction listing or from a 3rd party inspecting on your behalf, will invariably not give an accurate complete picture of the vehicle's condition.

The other option is to buy a vehicle from someone who has purchased from the auctions themselves and is on-selling (I don't need to say it, but invariably for an exhorbitant mark-up). Again you are relying on their description of the condition, or photos from a 3rd party.

Once you have paid all the fees and charges to have the vehicle shipped around the world, that is not a time to find you are disappointed with some aspect of the vehicle. Your Air tickets will cost a few hundred pounds, but may save you thousands.

And of course, if you bring your wife/partner out for an Aussie holiday at the same time, it would go a long way to smooth the purchase of a new toy!

isuzurover
4th November 2014, 01:24 PM
There was a link posted on AULRO a while back to a seller in the UK who has already imported a bunch of them.

Google turns this up:
Perentie 110 Defenders (http://www.milweb.net/webvert/73010)

1987 - 1991

Direct Defence Dept

3.9 Isuzi Diesel

Galvanised Chassis

Built for the Australian Forces the Perentie is based on the Land Rover Defender and uses many common parts.

These vehicles have been extremely well maintained, many with total rebuilds, they are pretty much RUST FREE and in superb condition.

The 3.9 N/A Isuzi diesel is renowned for it's reliability and coupled with Land Rovers strongest gearbox the LT95 makes these Defenders like a Land Rover should be simple, reliable with loads of grunt.

The bulkheads, doors and running gear of these Perenties are all very clean.

Low Mileage - From 21,000 km's.

Price £11,000

Plus VAT (£13,200)

This is ON THE ROAD and includes all duties, import/export permissions, new MOT, UK registration, road tax, service and thorough check over. There are no other costs.

Project Vehicles

We have some Perenties that need a few parts replacing,mainly lighting, interior etc,these are in superb condition and would include assistance with registration.

From £6,000 Plus VAT.

Marc Pedersen - Agricultural & Cross Country Vehicles: 01562 730404

303gunner
4th November 2014, 01:25 PM
You should also discuss with Australian Frontline Machinery (the agents conducting the monthly auctions) about the process for exporting, as I understand a few vehicles have already gone overseas and they could assist with the shipping, and this will also exempt you from paying Goods and Services Tax.

https://www.australianfrontlinemachinery.com.au/