PDA

View Full Version : Ford Everest nice looking traction control buttons look familiar

Hatchy
14th November 2014, 07:14 AM
Read this article from the USA this morning and noticed the great looking symbols for the different traction options.

Ford Releases Not-For-U.S. Everest SUV in China (http://m.trucktrend.com/features/news/2014/1411_ford_releases_not_for_u_s_everest_suv_in_chin a/)

nat_89
14th November 2014, 08:02 AM
HAHA yes very similar!!

Dougal
14th November 2014, 08:13 AM
It's really good to see a 6sp manual offering.

jonesy63
14th November 2014, 09:18 AM
Ford owned LR when those symbols were released, and must have kept the rights to re-use them.

gusthedog
14th November 2014, 10:44 AM
It's really good to see a 6sp manual offering.

Having driven the ford ranger with 6sp manual I can honestly say I hated it. One too many gears IMHO. With a 6 speed manual you are forever changing. Give me a 6sp auto any day. ;)

Dougal
14th November 2014, 11:05 AM
Having driven the ford ranger with 6sp manual I can honestly say I hated it. One too many gears IMHO. With a 6 speed manual you are forever changing. Give me a 6sp auto any day. ;)

Sounds like you're not the target market.:p

The entire reason I like a 6sp manual is having the correct gear for every occasion. Being able to select that gear and have the engine stay in that gear until I say otherwise.

I just got back from driving my other 6sp manual diesel.

sjane
14th November 2014, 11:17 AM

You don't HAVE to use every gear, there is plenty of torque.

gusthedog
14th November 2014, 07:30 PM
You don't HAVE to use every gear, there is plenty of torque.

I know you don't have to use every gear. So then why have them? Each to their own though :D. I found myself changing gears every 20 seconds or so even on the Goulburn valley hwy from Seymour towards Mansfield in the rolling hills just to keep it in the sweet spot and not chug along in 6th. I'm getting lazy in my middle age I suppose :p

sjane
14th November 2014, 10:06 PM
Handy to have when at GCM up (or down) a decent grade I suppose!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AULRO mobile app

Davehoos
15th November 2014, 08:52 AM
I found the 6 speed to be crook-most of the time the work ute used 3rd and 5th. to use 1st you may as well use low range as that turns of the traction control.

I had an engineer explain to why they choose certain ratio gaps.
I then explained why they had been a poor choice-showing the diference between 2 holdens and 2 skylines with the same engine and body weight-he then explained that you should buy an auto..

Owen
16th November 2014, 11:31 AM
Likely to be our next vehicle, will keep the D2 and D4 though, D2 being hept for when my 9 year old starts driving ;-)

LeighW
16th November 2014, 03:52 PM
JLR (UK) still has the rights to those 'traction options' icons. As another poster said, Ford (worldwide) must have the rights to use them as well. At least if an LR owner 'upgrades' to a Ford Everest he/she won't have to sit the exam to learn the meanings of the icons <g>.

Narangga
5th October 2015, 09:29 PM
Interesting that it has a 3.2, 5 cylinder diesel.

loanrangie
5th October 2015, 10:28 PM
Interesting that it has a 3.2, 5 cylinder diesel.

Its a wagon body on ranger/bt50 chassis.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AULRO mobile app

Redback
6th October 2015, 06:54 AM
Looks like a Ford Territory to me.

We have two 6sp manual vehicles at home, both great cars to drive, both get great economy when cruising too, actually the Amarok indicates with a up or down arrow, when you should be in a particular gear to save fuel.

Pedro_The_Swift
6th October 2015, 07:10 AM
didnt the original BT50's do that also?

PeterOZ
6th October 2015, 07:23 AM
$88k for top of range version. A lot of money for a soft roader and one that appears quite small in the cargo area compared to the D3/4.

Going to be a quandry in about 3 or 4 years when I need to get something else and say bye bye to my D3.
:angel:

BMKal
6th October 2015, 03:01 PM
From the photos - not my idea of a good looking vehicle. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks too much like so many of the Japanese & Korean offerings out there - and I don't like any of them in that style. But if you look at what it's competing against (at least in Australia) - the Holden Craptiva and Colorado 7 - it appears on first impression to be a much better choice.

But I do like the 3.2 litre 5 cylinder diesel. A mate has a Ranger Wildtrak with this engine and an auto box - one of the better utes available on the market at the moment. He also has a Landcruiser 200 series twin turbo 4.5 litre V8 diesel which he bought to tow a large enclosed trailer for work. Surprisingly, he tells me that the Ranger is far better at pulling the trailer than the Toyota is.

If I was in the market for a ute, choice would be between the Ranger and an Amarok for me. If I was looking for another 4WD wagon - there's still nothing that gets close to the Disco IMO. :D

TerryO
6th October 2015, 03:21 PM
$88k for the top of the line Everest makes even a base model D4 look like extremely good value in comparison.

Having driven the XLT Ranger I wouldn't que up to buy one, to noisy, rough ride, cheap plastic cabin and nothing flash to drive in comparison. Yes it might be better than the other Japanese/Korean offerings ... But 88k is a lot of money for a Thai built truck with a full cabin and a couple of extra seats.

The new Defender can't be that far away, personally I wiill be waiting a couple of years time to see it before buying anything.

Disco Muppet
6th October 2015, 07:27 PM
The new Defender can't be that far away, personally I wiill be waiting a couple of years time to see it before buying anything.

We all saw him say this right? :p

Sent from my HTC One using AULRO mobile app

Redback
7th October 2015, 06:45 AM
From the photos - not my idea of a good looking vehicle. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks too much like so many of the Japanese & Korean offerings out there - and I don't like any of them in that style. But if you look at what it's competing against (at least in Australia) - the Holden Craptiva and Colorado 7 - it appears on first impression to be a much better choice.

But I do like the 3.2 litre 5 cylinder diesel. A mate has a Ranger Wildtrak with this engine and an auto box - one of the better utes available on the market at the moment. He also has a Landcruiser 200 series twin turbo 4.5 litre V8 diesel which he bought to tow a large enclosed trailer for work. Surprisingly, he tells me that the Ranger is far better at pulling the trailer than the Toyota is.

If I was in the market for a ute, choice would be between the Ranger and an Amarok for me. If I was looking for another 4WD wagon - there's still nothing that gets close to the Disco IMO. :D

Say no more:D

https://youtu.be/0J0KcLrOjzk

PhilipA
7th October 2015, 08:08 AM
Yeah,one legal and one not.
Regards Philip A

Redback
7th October 2015, 08:25 AM
Take 2 Ranger gets a head start:D

https://youtu.be/JoczWsKSOWU

plusnq
7th October 2015, 09:35 AM
Interesting, thanks for sharing

BMKal
7th October 2015, 12:12 PM

Thanks Baz. I've just posted to the young bloke's facebook page. He'll love it (a couple of his mates have Rangers / BT50s.) :D

Just need to be able to understand what they're saying .................. :wasntme:

shanegtr
18th December 2015, 11:24 PM
I was just reading a couple of reviews on the Everest. Seems like their "Terrain Management System"(TMS) is very similar to LR's terrain response. Maybe there's a market for Gordon to expand and branch out with training?

Aaron40
19th December 2015, 03:27 PM
They also have a campfire lighting app inbuilt... Ford Everest Bursts into Flames During a Road Test in Australia, Burns to the Ground (http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-everest-bursts-into-flames-during-a-road-test-in-australia-burns-to-the-ground-102560.html)

Stuart02
23rd February 2016, 01:47 PM

There is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind after watching this video, that the left hand side of that road has more traction :P

Has anyone given a top of the line Everest a proper try out to be able to report back compared to a similar priced Disco? I know they're /kind of/ a Ranger but Ford made a big deal out of the interior being upgraded and the rear coil suspension being a huge improvement etc etc.

Cheers

LRD414
18th March 2016, 11:30 AM
Has anyone given a top of the line Everest a proper try out to be able to report back compared to a similar priced Disco?
These guys have ... well sort of. It's only around town; Everest Titanium vs Disco SDV6. And they gave the win to the Disco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOH9_fxlI9w
There is a strange comment at the end suggesting that the Prado won an offroad comparison but only against the Everest (different YouTube video).
Not sure why the Disco wasn't included in this comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZQpmSQWME
Cheers,
Scott