PDA

View Full Version : Got my camper!

incisor
22nd March 2005, 11:40 AM
picked my castaway camper up yesterday, woohoo!

what i have seen so far i am quite impressed, took the hard way home over some rough teritory and it towed well for what it is..

put some pic's up in the gallery, more to follow as i get it put together style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

[url=http://www.aulro.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album210&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php]<span style="color:red">Click Here To View my camper trailer pics</span>

Bytemrk
22nd March 2005, 06:13 PM
Looks Great Inc..

Timing is good too....... doing a little trip over easter maybe style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

I'm sure that you'll find it makes trips sooooo much better..

Mine means that we DO get away more on weekends and stuff.... simply less working packing and unpacking etc... cause it's all there!

Good Stuff... Mark

Redback
23rd March 2005, 01:16 PM
Looks the goods inc where ya going to test her out this easter, always good to get a new toy style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

The handbrake looks long does it effect you opening the rear door ours just misses 8O , with ours i can't open the rear door all the way cause the stoneguard is in the way style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Baz.

incisor
23rd March 2005, 02:03 PM
the handbrake interferes if up.

the stone guard just touches so will be moving it back an inch or so.

it tows really well with the independant suspension and shockies, surprised me actually jow well it tows.

just insured it with CIL for $249 a year... way in front of most other mobs i tried..

chasing some 3m helicopter blade tape to put on the front of the trialer to stop stone chips etc in the galv. and will be coating underneath it with rubberised bitumen paint to stop stone chips under there.

staying home easter so i can get used to getting it together and do some of the fitting out i wish to do like carpet on the bed base and bottom of trailer to stop condensation....

fun fun fun!

hiline
23rd March 2005, 03:20 PM
its nice and shiny inc style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

pity you dont get a chance to take her out over easter :cry: :cry:

but next long weekend look out hey style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

DEFENDERZOOK
23rd March 2005, 03:34 PM
it looks just fantastic.......

but........

its got tojo hubs?

incisor
23rd March 2005, 03:58 PM
yep, all i could get in the deal.... got some lanndy hubs on the backburner.. every thing comes to those that wait... they tell me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

incisor
23rd March 2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hiline
but next long weekend look out hey :D

aint waiting that long, weekend after easter a quick little sojourn to a camp ground near me to see how we cope style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

DEFENDERZOOK
23rd March 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by incisor
yep, all i could get in the deal.... got some lanndy hubs on the backburner.. every thing comes to those that wait... they tell me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

that makes more sense....if you carry spare tyres you wont need them.
you only get punctures or blowouts when you dont have spares.

bugger me.....its all murpys fault!!

now whats the hiring fee on the camper? and when is the next free weekend i can hire it?

DiscoTDI
24th March 2005, 10:45 PM
Looks good Inc, youll have to give it a good work out:)

incisor
27th March 2005, 08:09 PM
been workin on it all weekend, sorting things out makin sure what i have works with it etc etc etc

doing fiddly things like fixing water leaks on water tank hoses, making wedges to suit stove tables, making sure have enough ropes and pegs..

i ache all over, too much work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

DiscoTDI
27th March 2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by incisor
been workin on it all weekend, sorting things out makin sure what i have works with it etc etc etc

doing fiddly things like fixing water leaks on water tank hoses, making wedges to suit stove tables, making sure have enough ropes and pegs..

i ache all over, too much work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

So is the air con hooked up yet style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

incisor
19th April 2005, 12:22 PM
cant afford aircon style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

just bought a trojan outdoors 130ah deep cycle battery, a xtra large battery box and a ctek charger/ 12v power supply.

was going to get agm but so many different stories .....

now all i got to do is win lotto and buy 2 x 80watt solar panels and regulators... sheesh aint they dear little mothers!

fun fun fun....

Redback
19th April 2005, 12:48 PM
inc i don't know what power usage you will have but i thought this might help with your choice of how many panels you may need and what size.

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/View.asp?For...e%3Don%26PN%3D1 (http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/View.asp?ForumQID=21664&Keywords=solar&Page=%2FForum%2FDefault%2Easp%3FDisplaySet%3DActiv e%26Search%3D1%26Keywords%3Dsolar%26Search%5FTopic %3Don%26Search%5FBody%3Don%26Search%5FName%3Don%26 PN%3D1)

Baz.

incisor
19th April 2005, 01:57 PM
yeah,

have read that lot several times...

there is a myriad of info out there and a lot of it is in direct contrast to other info out there...

tis fun!

Redback
20th April 2005, 11:01 AM
Yep it is fun and do you or don't you with all the conflicting info you think afterwards have i made the right choice, at the moment i only have a 10watt solar panel to trickle charge our battery while camped in the one spot for more than two nights and so far it has been fine, 9 days has been the longest we have camped with only this way of charging our battery so it seems to be OK but i'm not running a fridge only lights a water pump and a laptop through an inverter 2 hours every second night.

Baz.

incisor
20th April 2005, 12:42 PM
i have made up some camp lights from bits i found at bunnings and 2 of them use less than 1.25amp of power so a small solar panel would be fine i imagine but the fidge will be the hungry sucker.

set up my battery box with a circuit breaker and an anderson plug for the lead from the truck today. if i get time tonite i will start the lead to the back of the trailer for the lights etc etc... IF style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

http://www.aulro.com/albums/album210/Image000.thumb.jpg
http://www.aulro.com/albums/album210/Image001.thumb.jpg
better go and do some work... help pay for this lot style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Redback
20th April 2005, 01:41 PM
I made my own too using old desk lamps and those 12volt Nelson energy saver globes they work great and are only supposed to use 1 AmpHour.

http://forum.australia4wd.com/uploads/1113782946/gallery_43_4_499599.jpg

Baz.

incisor
20th April 2005, 01:54 PM
yep

they are the way

i used arlec work lamp holders as they are edicson screws and put cig lighter ends on the end of 10m leads....

work great and cheap to make and run style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif