PDA

View Full Version : Which winch?

snowbound
25th December 2014, 05:39 PM
OK, I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but times and products change.
I am looking to buy a winch for my RRC. I doubt it will get much use, but it' a "would be ice to have" sort of purchase. I have decided that I need something hefty, so probs about 12000 lb so its not struggling. Clearly I could (if justified) pay big bucks for a Warner , but I don't want to double the value of the car.I can pick up winch on line for a few hundred bucks, good warranty etc. What are peoples thoughts on these clearly Chinese made units?

winaje
25th December 2014, 06:40 PM
Runva XP11, one of very few winches that does not void warranty when it goes through water. Can be had for low $600s including dyneema rope and delivery from ebay

snowbound
25th December 2014, 07:57 PM
Runva XP11, one of very few winches that does not void warranty when it goes through water. Can be had for low $600s including dyneema rope and delivery from ebay

And this is a durable winch? So many to choose from! I shall check this suggestion out. thank you.

winaje
26th December 2014, 07:39 AM
Have a read of the first couple of posts in this thread...

WINCH WARRANTY'S,who to support and when to walk - 4x4 Earth (http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/general-4x4-discussion/25959-winch-warrantys-who-support-when-walk.html)

snowbound
26th December 2014, 04:49 PM

WINCH WARRANTY'S,who to support and when to walk - 4x4 Earth (http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/general-4x4-discussion/25959-winch-warrantys-who-support-when-walk.html)

Will

Thanks very much mate, a very informative link and I am pretty sold on this winch now and will probably buy it shortly.

Regards

Jez

bob10
26th December 2014, 05:59 PM

Thank you, that has pointed me in the right direction, Bob

Jojo
26th December 2014, 08:08 PM
Just a word of caution, as with everything, you will get what you have paid for. Whilst your "El Cheapo"-Chinese purchase might do the trick, the risk of questionable reliability prevails. The last thing you want to have is a winch failing when you finally need it. Maybe a second hand winch of a a reputable manufacturer will be a better purchase in the long run? Your decision, mate... Good luck!

Sitec
30th December 2014, 08:55 PM
I've only heard good about the Runva's, and when funds and need arise, I'll be buying a large Runva Hydraulic winch as I have a pump/PTO on the truck gearbox in my 101. Let us know what you go with. :)

PeterM
14th February 2015, 12:44 PM
Gents, I'm starting to do some homework with respect to a winch for the D2. The vehicle already has a TJM bar fitted but I need to purchase the winch cradle etc.

Does anyone have any pics of winches fitted in a TJM bar? I'm looking for inspiration for fitting, control box location etc.