PDA

View Full Version : smart 4 two anyone got one?

justinc
12th January 2015, 08:33 PM
Anyone got one or had one? Any experiences? Been offered a gen2 2010 model

Jc

bee utey
12th January 2015, 10:32 PM
I changed the plugs in one last year. Fun things when they're going well, but noisy, harsh and bouncy. The engine I changed the plugs on was fouling them up with oil, not sure what the problem was and it didn't have a lot of mileage on it. Turbo failure possibly. To get at the back 3 plugs (its a twin spark) you remove the entire rear bumper assembly. The plugs are a unique 12mm thread long reach design, cost heaps. The electronically controlled semi manual trans is totally weird to drive but I guess you could get used to it. When you select the next gear the ECU cuts the throttle for a couple of seconds and reapplies power when the next gear is fully engaged. On two cylinders with a miss they hardly move as they can't get onto boost.

justinc
13th January 2015, 04:37 AM
How many km's? :-( . This one has a non turbo mitsubishi 3b series 3 cyl 1litre N/A engine, and travelled 50k. Went well but yes, trans is a bit weird, but got used to it. Certainly way better than that late isuzu truck travesty... :-(

Mostly the girls want a cheap, economical, and easy car to flit around in, and i'm taken with some of its design ideas.

Jc