PDA

View Full Version : Brano shear pins- where to buy?

POD
31st March 2015, 03:40 PM
I've been using my Brano hand winch to pull out some tree stumps, today I've busted the shear pins. There were 3 spare pins in the handle recess, which I thought would be a lifetime supply, but it turns out the thing uses all 3 at once, so I'll need to have some more on hand for next time I get too willing with it.
A search of the interweb has failed to find anywhere that sells these winches or parts in Aus, wondering if anyone can point me to a supplier?
I got it from a clearing sale, originally sold by Duncans Off Road, who no longer seem to exist.

87County
31st March 2015, 03:58 PM
If you can't get them, do you know what material the originals were made from?

I'd be tempted to turn some replacements up, you could build-in a safety factor.

It could even be possible that Tirfor pins fit.

POD
31st March 2015, 04:53 PM
They're some kind of bronze, if I can't find some I'll make some but things like this are generally easier to get off the shelf than mucking around finding suitable stock to turn them from. I also have a T508 tirfor, the pins are a different arrangement and a different size.

Tank
31st March 2015, 05:27 PM
Try one of the Rigging supplies shops, Blackwood Hodge, Bullivants, etc., Regards Frank.

I've been using my Brano hand winch to pull out some tree stumps, today I've busted the shear pins. There were 3 spare pins in the handle recess, which I thought would be a lifetime supply, but it turns out the thing uses all 3 at once, so I'll need to have some more on hand for next time I get too willing with it.
A search of the interweb has failed to find anywhere that sells these winches or parts in Aus, wondering if anyone can point me to a supplier?
I got it from a clearing sale, originally sold by Duncans Off Road, who no longer seem to exist.

Bushie
1st April 2015, 07:42 PM
Only person I've known to break shearpins in a Brano (pretty sure) ended up making their own. From memory they were a standard diam brass rod.

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2015/04/1316.jpg
Shear pins

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2015/04/1317.jpg
Guts

Martyn

numpty
3rd April 2015, 08:25 AM
I broke mine too Martyn and if you remember we used the replacements from the handle and I still haven't got any more.

They are 6mm brass I'm fairly sure.