PDA

View Full Version : Rocky River Easter 2015

ezyrama
8th April 2015, 05:53 PM
Well after arriving Thursday lunchtime, Scanfor and Lachy followed us in to a beautiful freshly slashed campground. The owners dug 2 pit toilets for us and after setting up camp, we erected the "Crapatron 1000" and privacy tent. 92566
We retired to the river , beverage in hand and relaxed there till nearly 7pm when the hunger pains started. After dinner we sat around the campfire till the wee hours discussing life, the universe and everything. 92567
Friday morning saw everyone else arrive and set up along the river, the rest of Friday involved swimming, fishing, kayaking and generally doing very little whilst partaking of a drink or 3 whilst the whirlpools gave us massages. Friday night dinner consisted of oysters kilpatrick, with chilli cheer and melted cheese, fish, prawns, all washed down with more beers, red and white wines and after dinner mints. Late friday night the rain came in and it was great listening to the rain on the large tarps with the river in the background. Saturday saw the rain persist, but we gathered the troops and did a nice bush drive of 65km, 2 hrs, thru to tentifield, those who needed to fueled up and then we had lunch in town. Some headed back to camp to get the fire stoked for the Saturday night feast and some stayed in town for a while to check out the Tentifield Railway Museum. It was a very cool place where I personally got t see some photos of the 3801 steam engine my grandfather help build back in the 40s925689256992570
Saturday night's cook up was a great success with everyone pitching in, we had all sorts of meals with sensational desserts and bubble n squeak the next morning. Sunday saw the rain stop and the sun come out, it continued all thru to monday with everyone playing or relaxing in or around the river till we unfortunately had to pack to go home. I would like to thank all 14 vehicles and families the supported the trip and made it so much fun. The owners helped get a few stuck sedans out Sunday with their tractor which was much appreciated. They were fantastic hosts and we will be back there soon.
Cheers Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Quasi nuclear phase interlocked
dipthrong retarder technology.

ezyrama
9th April 2015, 10:30 AM
Just enough red for Friday night!. Remember Marshall, the initiation is only 3/4 complete. The honey, tree and ants nest is the next phase!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

ezyrama
9th April 2015, 10:34 AM
Then it's Lachey's turn for the initiation as soon as he hits 14 :twisted::eek::twisted:

ezyrama
9th April 2015, 10:38 AM
A couple more photo's

Outlaw
16th April 2015, 07:08 AM
Nice looking spot. Good to hear the weather played nice for most of it. Rain was a pest in NZ too