PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Fuel Pump Series 3

Lionelgee
24th April 2015, 09:31 AM
Hello All,

I am about to replace the electric fuel pump on my Series III FFR. I also have a 2.6 litre civilian Series III LWB that has the same fuel pump. The old part number is: 568189. Its new part number:PRC3343

I noticed on the 3 military vehicles there is a rectangular block with a silver metal case and black core that has wires leading to the fuel pump. My civilian Series III does not have the same block.

Does anyone know what the block is and what is its function? Is it part of a noise suppression for FFRs? Is it necessary to re-wire the block into the circuit for the fuel pump?

Or alternatively should my civilian Series III have the block and someone has taken it off? :eek:

The last photograph shows the current wiring of an attached fuel pump. The wire coming into the centre of the block with the red connect originates from the fuel pump.

Kind Regards
Lionel

tankradio2
24th April 2015, 10:01 AM
Hello Lionel

They are radio interference suppressors (basically a capacitor) which suppresses any static made by electric devices with moving parts such as the fuel pump, wiper motor and even the distributor.

You will also find copper woven bonding straps on most parts which might creat static such as transmission, body, bonnet etc.

I am also currently restoring (my second) S3 FFR

Cheers

Phill

shaunmax
29th April 2015, 09:43 PM
Lionel, Picture of mine attached. I have a 2.6l Army Series 3 I am restoring. If this helps.
Cheers

Shaun