PDA

View Full Version : L494 Range Rover Sport test drive

nat_89
1st May 2015, 08:53 AM
Well the other day i took my D4 the 500kms return trip to the dealers to get some rattles fixed and a strip under the windscreen that looks like the sun damaged, whilst there i dropped by the new car section to see what they had and wow they had a brand new MY15 RRS SDV6 SE!! I had a quick chat to the dealer and he said would i like to take it for a test drive as he knew we had an MY13 HSE D4 and i said oh i guess why not stupidly haha!!

Wow is all i can say my god they are a bloody gorgeous machine and the SDV6 engine has a sweet sweet sound i love the sound of the SDV6 in the D4 but wow in the RRS its got a different not and bloody motors!!!

Now the practical side of me says no dont upgrade but the silly side of me says why not haha jeeze they are nice!! What an awesome machine and a big big difference from the L320!!! Damn i want one!!

jon3950
1st May 2015, 05:54 PM
Lucky it wasn't an SDV8 then...

Ozzy119
2nd May 2015, 06:45 AM
Well the other day i took my D4 the 500kms return trip to the dealers to get some rattles fixed and a strip under the windscreen that looks like the sun damaged, whilst there i dropped by the new car section to see what they had and wow they had a brand new MY15 RRS SDV6 SE!! I had a quick chat to the dealer and he said would i like to take it for a test drive as he knew we had an MY13 HSE D4 and i said oh i guess why not stupidly haha!!

Wow is all i can say my god they are a bloody gorgeous machine and the SDV6 engine has a sweet sweet sound i love the sound of the SDV6 in the D4 but wow in the RRS its got a different not and bloody motors!!!

Now the practical side of me says no dont upgrade but the silly side of me says why not haha jeeze they are nice!! What an awesome machine and a big big difference from the L320!!! Damn i want one!!

Funny, I did the same thing this week and had the exact opposite reaction. In fact, I didn't even want to drive it. Whilst I thought it was pretty and I've read enough to know that it drives amazingly, I wouldn't change from a Disco to a RRS. For my requirements it isn't spacious enough. I felt it was a beautiful urban toy very capable of getting out of the occasional tricky spot, whereas the Disco is a workhorse that can look tidy on a Sat night.

Just a view, which is why we aren't all driving the same vehicle.

GP1200
2nd May 2015, 11:26 AM
Me too! I just love all the room in the back and proper 7 seat option with the D4, I live in hope they will one day put the TDV8 in a D4, that would be a temping option that couldn't be resisted !

Our MD has purchased a new Sport with the TDV8, I have made a conscious effort not to drive or go in it just in case I start lusting......

Jack

nat_89
2nd May 2015, 04:53 PM
Lucky it wasn't an SDV8 then...

Very lucky haha!! But they did say the new SDV6 update now has 225k i believe and 700nm which is only 40nm off they SDV8 but i bet the V8 has a beautiful note!!

nat_89
2nd May 2015, 04:55 PM
Funny, I did the same thing this week and had the exact opposite reaction. In fact, I didn't even want to drive it. Whilst I thought it was pretty and I've read enough to know that it drives amazingly, I wouldn't change from a Disco to a RRS. For my requirements it isn't spacious enough. I felt it was a beautiful urban toy very capable of getting out of the occasional tricky spot, whereas the Disco is a workhorse that can look tidy on a Sat night.

Just a view, which is why we aren't all driving the same vehicle.

Ill agree i love the look of it and love the new interior myself although my partner thought it looks pretty bare inside now and i did find the armrests a bit annoying to use but otherwise it looked so good!!

But ill have to agree again the practical side of me just says a D4 is way more awesome in every way loads more road and just as quiet and comfy!! My partner reckons she prefers the D4!!

nat_89
2nd May 2015, 04:59 PM
Me too! I just love all the room in the back and proper 7 seat option with the D4, I live in hope they will one day put the TDV8 in a D4, that would be a temping option that couldn't be resisted !

Our MD has purchased a new Sport with the TDV8, I have made a conscious effort not to drive or go in it just in case I start lusting......

Jack

Me to the practical side of the D4 is just amazing everything just works so well and they are just amazing what you can do with them!! I had a dealer once tell me when i was looking new ones in the L320 range a few years ago and tossing between a D4 and RRS he put it to me this way people who are practical and doctors and so forth always take the D4 and people who want to pose take the RRS hahaha

But i will admit i still love the look of both cars but jeeze the new L494 is so sexy i love it!!

Hopefully they put the new SDV6 update in the D4s with 700nm and 225kw i think it is that would be nice!!