PDA

View Full Version : Magna 380

Chucaro
22nd June 2015, 03:55 PM
Are they any good? they look to have better finish than the falcodores?
The previews 3.5 has a good reputation regarding reliability.

bee utey
22nd June 2015, 04:56 PM
From what little contact I've had via the LPG conversion game, they are good and reliable just like the Magna before but have the tiniest boot on what is quite a big car, and they're a front wheel drive so only good for the black top. A customer came to me and I removed the small LPG tank from their boot because the wife could not get a single baby pusher in with it. (It ended up with a donut tank in the spare wheel well and the spare stayed home.)

Given a choice I'd rather buy a slightly earlier AWD Magna, a mate has one and it's a bloody ripper.

vnx205
22nd June 2015, 06:20 PM
I don't have any first hand knowledge of them, but a few years ago, I worked with someone who admitted that he had been accused of changing his cars more often than most people change their underpants.

He regularly bought cars just a few years old and was planning to buy a 380. He generally did his research pretty carefully and he was convinced that a relatively new second hand one would be a good buy.

His argument was that they were a good car, but the demise of Mitsubishi meant that they had depreciated quite a bit more in the first few years than a comparable Commodore or Falcon.

A couple of years later, he seemed to think that he had made a good buy.

Chucaro
22nd June 2015, 06:59 PM
.................................................. ................
Given a choice I'd rather buy a slightly earlier AWD Magna, a mate has one and it's a bloody ripper.

One of my sons has an early model FWD only and the car it is faultless.
The problem with the models up to 2004 is that they have 200000 km plus.
Then again my son said that it is a heaps of car for $3000.

bee utey
22nd June 2015, 07:16 PM
One of my sons has an early model FWD only and the car it is faultless.
The problem with the models up to 2004 is that they have 200000 km plus.
Then again my son said that it is a heaps of car for $3000.

Interestingly the AWDs currently on casrsales all have well under 200K

New & Used Mitsubishi Magna AWD cars - Find Mitsubishi Magna AWD cars for sale - p1 - carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/car/mitsubishi/magna/awd-badge/)

but they are around $5000 and up.

Chucaro
22nd June 2015, 07:29 PM
Interestingly the AWDs currently on casrsales all have well under 200K

New & Used Mitsubishi Magna AWD cars - Find Mitsubishi Magna AWD cars for sale - p1 - carsales.com.au (http://www.carsales.com.au/car/mitsubishi/magna/awd-badge/)

but they are around $5000 and up.

Yes, there is a good selection in the main land but not in Tas. By the time that i bring one car from interstate to Hobart I have to add $1500 + including RWC :(