PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Sight

rangieman
13th July 2015, 06:37 PM
We were on a snow trip yesterday and on our way home along the Big River road we came across this :eek:
I realy hope who ever it was is ok as we looked everywhere to see if anyone had been thrown out of the vehicle:cool:
It had a vmc plaque on it , There seemed to be no skid mark`s

Homestar
13th July 2015, 07:56 PM
Bugger. :(. Their aren't too many Champ's around so that must narrow it down a bit. I've met 2 people that have them on club reg, but I can't recall any names. Hope they are ok.

FV1601
14th July 2015, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up, never a good thing to see, worse when you realise that it is a mate.
By all accounts the driver is OK, still waiting for the full story.
Rich.

rangieman
14th July 2015, 02:47 PM
Glad your mate is ok :)
Any chance you could chime and let us know what happened . We did think may be the hand brake failed or was left off and the car rolled away as there were no skid marks.
If he was around at the time when we showed up there was plenty of us with winch`s and would have been more than willing to retreive it for him;) as it still looked driveable .Too late now i know but the thought was there :cool:

FV1601
14th July 2015, 08:52 PM
The cone of silence appears to be in use at the moment, so I am assuming that whatever happened rated quite high on the embarrassment scale. Sure truth will out in the end, I will just have to be patient...
Rich.

PSI250
15th July 2015, 07:14 AM
If it hasn't been recovered yet I will be out that way again sat if needed.
Oh and I'm not trying to push it off the edge in that 4th pic! It was on a fair angle though!!

FV1601
15th July 2015, 06:07 PM
OK, so the story is: driver was chugging along, doing less than 20mph, bit close to the side of the track which promptly gave way with the tree coming to the rescue preventing the Champ from rolling over any further. Driver now has a black eye and a story to tell at the next Champ Camp.
A winch equipped Landy was unable to extract the Champ by winch or snatch strap, so it was left for later extraction and is now in Narbethong. Sounds like it was insured to the hilt, and should be back on the road at some time.
Owner may well be looking at a roll cage during the rebuild.
Rich.