PDA

View Full Version : Sad to ask this question...

davros
14th July 2015, 10:28 PM
Ok, here's the deal...
Can anyone tell me what 4x4 four-door vehicles with a ute body have four wheel coils, all disc brakes and come in a diesel auto?
Basically I can only see perhaps a military Mercedes G-wagon but is that all? The Defender is only manual - if it was auto from the factory that'd be for me!
Failing that, leaf rears but still disc brakes all around.
I'd love something like a Ford Ranger PX series but the rear suspension and brakes seem so old-school, and I won't have time to mod something. I also like the 800mm wading depth as I want to launch a boat (hence also my aversion to drum brakes if possible).
At the moment in a Disco II TD5 which I want to basically replicate in a four-door ute body near-new or new vehicle. And not expensive like the Mercedes!
Cheers,
Dave

Mick_Marsh
14th July 2015, 10:38 PM
There are a few Disco utes getting about. What about getting a Disco and modifying it. Maybe even dropping an auto in a Defender.

Slunnie
14th July 2015, 10:50 PM
You can get Defenders converted to auto.

I'm sure Davis Performance will do it and Ashcroft Transmissions do have kits also. This is for the Td5 and also the Ford Transit van motors.

shanegtr
14th July 2015, 11:00 PM
The new model Nissan Navara NP300 has rear coils as an option. I had a quick glance at the spec sheets, seems to be rear drum brakes however

bsperka
15th July 2015, 06:47 AM
Ok, here's the deal...
Can anyone tell me what 4x4 four-door vehicles with a ute body have four wheel coils, all disc brakes and come in a diesel auto?
Basically I can only see perhaps a military Mercedes G-wagon but is that all? The Defender is only manual - if it was auto from the factory that'd be for me!
Failing that, leaf rears but still disc brakes all around.
I'd love something like a Ford Ranger PX series but the rear suspension and brakes seem so old-school, and I won't have time to mod something. I also like the 800mm wading depth as I want to launch a boat (hence also my aversion to drum brakes if possible).
At the moment in a Disco II TD5 which I want to basically replicate in a four-door ute body near-new or new vehicle. And not expensive like the Mercedes!
Cheers,
Dave

A Musso ?

Chops
15th July 2015, 07:14 AM
A Musso ?

The Musso range is actually a very nice car. Very well appointed with a leather interior. Can't comment on the brakes however as I just can't remember whether they have discs or not. The new units run a very smooth auto which I'm sure will handle your boat.
However, the Auto conversion is a good option for the Defender two door depending on how much it's worth to have done.

bsperka
15th July 2015, 10:59 AM
The Musso range is actually a very nice car. Very well appointed with a leather interior. Can't comment on the brakes however as I just can't remember whether they have discs or not. The new units run a very smooth auto which I'm sure will handle your boat.
However, the Auto conversion is a good option for the Defender two door depending on how much it's worth to have done.

Redbook says discs. Only checked a 2010 model at random before the post.

Tombie
15th July 2015, 11:21 AM
Unfortunately - As soon as the Musso sniffs the sea it will start to disintegrate...

Disc vs drum is a moot in most instances as many vehicles are "hand brake in disc" so suffer the same from Salt water ingress.

BigBlackDog
15th July 2015, 12:41 PM
I believe the Isuzu d max might fill your options.

Fluids
15th July 2015, 01:34 PM
I've got an 09 D-Max 4x4 ... rear drums and leaf springs ... :(

Not sure about the current D-Max though ? Wouldn't be hard to check.

Same engine ... and it's a brilliant engine !!

BigBlackDog
15th July 2015, 10:43 PM
Sorry my bad, the compare thing on their website looked like maybe they were options, but that must be for the MUx

muddymech
23rd July 2015, 07:28 AM
dodge ram. big dollers. but adr approved.
LONGHORN | 2015 Dodge Ram | Right Hand Drive | Buy Today2015 Dodge Ram | Right Hand Drive | Buy Today (http://www.dodgetrucks.com.au/longhorn/)

frantic
24th July 2015, 09:32 AM
The new navara DC is coil rear not leaf in the upper models.
This is a segment as you've pointed out lr could have owned for 35 years but never bothered.

VladTepes
24th July 2015, 12:15 PM
New Puma 130 + Auto conversion (I think the auto and conversion kit is upwards of $10K though, plus labour)

Probably still cheaper than a Merc.