PDA

View Full Version : VW caught by the Yanks for breaking emission laws

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Tombie
29th November 2016, 10:31 PM
We had a Pit Boss vehicle - a Prado 150 with 78,000km on it and never serviced...

I had to drive it down from the north for 650km to get it finally serviced...

Damn it was noisy!!! And according to Toyota no longer under warranty [emoji13]

It's still going on the fleet....

scarry
30th November 2016, 05:50 AM
Off topic,sort of,one of our Tojo vans at 280000k has a noisey power steering pump.Looking at the Toyota service schedule the fluid has never been replaced,just inspected.Not only does the fluid smell burnt,it also has the consistency and colour of treacle.

We flushed it,very easy to do.I am surprised it is not in the service schedule.

Also noticed the manual gearbox is never changed either,as per service schedule.Maybe the oil is a fully synthetic,but it will still need changing at sometime,it can't last for ever.

I rang the dealer yesterday and they will call me back,I couldn't get onto the guy I needed to talk to.The van has had every service done at the dealer.

The Toyota service schedule goes to 200k,then they start over again.But what they don't realise is if they start again,all fluids must be replaced at the 200k mark,so all the fluids are as they were when vehicle was new.

PAT303
30th November 2016, 02:09 PM
We had a Pit Boss vehicle - a Prado 150 with 78,000km on it and never serviced...

I had to drive it down from the north for 650km to get it finally serviced...

Damn it was noisy!!! And according to Toyota no longer under warranty [emoji13]

It's still going on the fleet....

I was in Barbagallo's in Perth and a RRS owner came in ranting and raving about his vehicle stopping.Apparently he bought it three years previously and never had it serviced so the engine protect system wouldn't let it start because of the low oil level. Pat

cripesamighty
30th November 2016, 03:43 PM
Pat, they are the sort of people who I would never buy a car from. For them it is cheaper to not look after a car and then flog it off. Only problem comes with the next person getting stuck with a car that is a problem child. If only you could 100% tell at time of purchase....

scarry
30th November 2016, 07:14 PM
Pat, they are the sort of people who I would never buy a car from. For them it is cheaper to not look after a car and then flog it off. Only problem comes with the next person getting stuck with a car that is a problem child. If only you could 100% tell at time of purchase....

A good look at the service records should give an indication,unless they have been cooked.
Then it would be a call to the place that did the servicing.

PAT303
1st December 2016, 07:26 PM

It's a common thing mate,you'd be surprised how common actually. Pat

cripesamighty
1st December 2016, 07:47 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you are probably right and with Land Rovers it will contribute to the unreliable moniker getting perpetuated.

Eevo
7th December 2017, 07:22 AM
news banner this morning while walking into work said VW exec gets 7 years jail.

Slunnie
7th December 2017, 10:01 AM
I don't think it has slowed down sales of their products, not that it made any difference anywhere but the US.

DiscoMick
7th December 2017, 01:15 PM
Volkswagen executive gets seven years' jail over emissions fraud
Volkswagen executive gets seven years' jail over emissions fraud - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-07/volkswagen-executive-gets-seven-years-jail-over-emissions-fraud/9234716)

bee utey
7th December 2017, 01:34 PM
They've found a scapegoat or three, business as usual for the rest of the executive branch of VW. Meanwhile, sales are back to normal:

Chief executive Matthias Mueller last month predicted record deliveries of vehicles for the company this year, and the Volkswagen car brand has said it expects record deliveries for 2017, and raised its midterm profitability outlook.

DiscoMick
5th May 2018, 06:58 PM
VW emissions scandal: US charges ex-CEO with conspiracy and fraud

VW emissions scandal: US charges ex-CEO with conspiracy and fraud | Business | The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/may/03/vw-emissions-cheating-michael-winterkorn-charged?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard)

Pedro_The_Swift
17th April 2019, 07:47 AM
YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCYE56yBQmM)