PDA

View Full Version : Scale models

Phoenix
4th August 2005, 04:38 PM
Anybody else build scale models (cars, planes trains etc) ?

disconut
4th August 2005, 08:35 PM
P51 Mustang, 57" wingspan, 20" flying prop, Sprung Oleo struts, retractable undercarriage.
OS 120 Supercharged engine. (never run!). 8O
Still under construction. Main wing and fuselage finished to paint stage.

Never seems to be enough time to get into it these days. :oops:

Trev.

Ace
5th August 2005, 04:32 PM
I collect model cars, i dont have the time to build them myself so i buy the ones you dont have to put together. Matt

lewy110
5th August 2005, 09:12 PM
I used to build 1/24th scale model cars and 1/12th bikes

I have an early 2 door rangie, paris-dakar unimog and g-wagen, 80 series cruiser plus a few others.

I have a few ducati bike models plus a few more bikes to build

98 NSR500 and rossi's rcv

landrovermick
5th August 2005, 11:25 PM
I have a Tamiya SAS Landrover "Pinkie" haf done - if anyone know any good military reference sites....

Mick

disconut
6th August 2005, 05:48 AM
Hi lewey110,

I have a CB1100RB large scale motorcycle. (1/6?). Built it 18 years ago. It took me over a year to complete. It is a museum quality model. (High detail). At least thats what the box said. I was rebuilding the real thing at the time. (ex Frank Matich Racing machine ridden by Vince Sharp). Very fast in its day, 1989 model. 268Kph! 8O (yes I rode it at that speed.)

Other models: Ferrari Dream Car?, and Landy 90, Reality Car!(both 12th scale metal models).

Trev.

RoverOne
7th August 2005, 01:53 AM
I gave away all my model planes I made from when I was a kid, to some scouts when I was a Rover Leader at Ist West Peakhurst, I found out later they hung them from trees with fishing line and shot them to pieces with slug guns....ah well I did give them away.

I still have in boxes from a company I worked at, in mint condition still in shrink wrap 1/24th scale Camel Trophy Range Rover, 109 LWB, Range Rover Paris Dakkar, RR Police car, couple of "G" waggons, CJ6 Jeep, etc etc and a every 1/9th scale WW2 motor bike, WLA Harley, BSA, BMW with side car in Africa Korps livery, Zundapp 750, BMW 75 etc, and a type 82 VW Kubel Wagen (German spelling) in 1/9th scale great kit all these kits are Esci from Italy premium models, rubber tyres suspension etc. theres about 20 of them.

Also I have a mint Mack "Rubber Duckie" from thev movie Convoy in 1/25th scale never put together...one day when I retire I guess.

p38arover
7th August 2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by RoverOne
I still have in boxes from a company I worked at, ............great kit all these kits are Esci from Italy premium models, rubber tyres suspension etc. theres about 20 of them.

Did you work for Dawn Trading? I used to type up all their price lists back in the Eighties.

Ron

RoverOne
7th August 2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by p38arover+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(p38arover)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoverOne
I still have in boxes from a company I worked at, ............great kit all these kits are Esci from Italy premium models, rubber tyres suspension etc. theres about 20 of them.

Did you work for Dawn Trading? I used to type up all their price lists back in the Eighties.

Ron[/b][/quote]

No Ron, but I remember the name, small importer of toys and hobbies from memory.

The company I worked for Asst General Manager, I controlled their home ware division nationaly (Consolidated Merchandising Co P/L) and when we closed down in 1986, they let me have a free reign of any of the display samples I wanted, I took all the plastic kits of 4WD's & WW2 bikes, all the Mamod Steam Engine models now worth hundreds of dollars each as mine are vintage, all the boxed Corgi cars some now over 50 years old & mint, my son will get them one day, I probably should sell them....but won't.

Bryce

p38arover
7th August 2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by RoverOne+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RoverOne)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-p38arover

Ron

No Ron, but I remember the name, small importer of toys and hobbies from memory. [/b][/quote]

I think they're still around. The owner was Carl Melvey (he may still be) and their General Manager was Ian Bannister. I got on well with them and bought all my Esci stuff from them. I used to sell hobby stuff, mainly radio control models, and did a lot of electronic repairs for them. They also sold Futaba R/C gear and I also repaired that - the Futaba agents in Melbourne (through their manager, Tony Cincotta) allowed me to do that without voiding warranties.

Re your collection - a very good choice of stuff to take.

Ron

Phoenix
8th August 2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by landrovermick
I have a Tamiya SAS Landrover "Pinkie" haf done - if anyone know any good military reference sites....

Mick

Original pinkie??

I've got a few good pics if you want some.

Cul
8th August 2005, 06:25 PM
I have a couple of diecast collectable cars made by Biante. Started off with a red VT Clubsport in 1:18.
I've always kept an eye out for model Australian police cars, but never had seen any on the market until recently, in which I grabbed a couple when they first hit the shelves.
I have the VT Commodore from Western Australia, and the VX SS Victorian Police "S.M.A.R.T. Car" Highway Patrol in the silver finish (both 1:18)
Still waiting for my dream QLD police VY.... Hurry up Biante!!!