PDA

View Full Version : RRS Delivery times

DrFox1969
30th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Hi there,

Just ordered a 2016 RRS SDV8 HSE Dynamic.

I ordered it on 21st October and was told by the dealer that delivery would be late Feb/early March 2016 (despite during negotiations that deliveries were running about 4 months).

This is my first RRS and with my previous BMWs/Audi?s/Mercedes, there has always been information within a week of ordering giving approx build date and delivery date.

6 weeks later I still haven't got a build date, let alone a delivery date. Current status - still in "Holding Pool" waiting for a build date.

Today I get told that delivery is likely to be early April although I still haven't got a build date.......that would be 6? months delivery!!! :censored:

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this the usual delivery time to Australia. I know from other forums that US customers are getting deliveries within 3 months!!

weeds
30th November 2015, 09:07 PM
I see there is a holding yard full of new land rovers near my work, must be 30+.......haven't looked close enough to see if there are any RRS

DrFox1969
1st December 2015, 12:25 PM
I see there is a holding yard full of new land rovers near my work, must be 30+.......haven't looked close enough to see if there are any RRS

If there are any HSE Dynamic SDV8's, can you grab the keys for me!!! :D

Homestar
1st December 2015, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing what you've specced isn't sitting in Aus anywhere. Although I've never bought a new LR, so I can't really bring any first hand information, it does seem Australia is considered to be the arse end of the world to LR.

It will be worth the wait though.:)

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

rar110
1st December 2015, 01:53 PM
That motor/transmission has essentially been around for about 4 years and seems to be pretty good. 250kw/700nm with 300kg less weight plus dynamic suspension must make it an amazing drive.

CSBrisie
1st December 2015, 02:38 PM
740nm now I think...amazing, but then the SDV6 has 225kw and 700nm...when will that engine tune be in the D4 I wonder?

DrFox1969
1st December 2015, 04:49 PM
I'm guessing what you've specced isn't sitting in Aus anywhere. Although I've never bought a new LR, so I can't really bring any first hand information, it does seem Australia is considered to be the arse end of the world to LR.

It will be worth the wait though.:)

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Hi bacicat, thanks for the warm welcome.

For factory orders it might appear from my research that the US is getting premium service on delivery times (3 months average) whereas Europe and the rest of the world (including Oz) have to wait significantly longer. Clearly they haven't got the rate of output as Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc.

A friend of mine in the UK (who lives 100 miles from the factory) has just waited 6 months for his factory order.

Obviously the US is a larger market and it appears to me that JLR are servicing this market at the detriment of others.

I am frustrated as I love the car and don't want to wait over 6 months to get it..........I hope you are right in that it will be worth the wait.

The usual frustrations also apply in that here in Oz we get crucified on car pricing compared to most other countries and yet we don't receive the same level of service.........time for a beer I think to cool down!!

DrFox1969
2nd December 2015, 02:12 PM
That motor/transmission has essentially been around for about 4 years and seems to be pretty good. 250kw/700nm with 300kg less weight plus dynamic suspension must make it an amazing drive.

CSBrisie is correct 250kw/740Nm. The 0-100 times are marginally better than the SDV6, but it is the sheer force that the SDV8 has and how it pulls through the range that is impressive. On paper not much difference but driving the two back to back really shows the extra grunt. The SDV6 is a great engine, but for me the V8 is just that bit more refined.

Just received update from dealer........No longer in holding Pool!!!:-

Order created date:- 28/10/15
Last date of order change: 4/12/15
Current Planned Build date (W/E): 8/1/16
Planned Dealer deliver date: 25/3/16

Decided to change piano black wood trim to Dark Grey Oak Wood. I've seen a thread on another forum suggesting easily scratched and shows finger prints too easily etc.

Happy with final choice.......roll on March!! :D

banarcus
11th December 2015, 09:54 AM
Decided to change piano black wood trim to Dark Grey Oak Wood. I've seen a thread on another forum suggesting easily scratched and shows finger prints too easily etc.

Not to mention that the sun shines very well off shiny piano black interior surfaces.

Great news on your purchase. An amazing vehicle that many aspire and lust for. I sat in a couple and struggled to get back into my poor old P38. Make sure that you post up some pics when you finally get the keys!!

DrFox1969
12th December 2015, 11:43 AM
Not to mention that the sun shines very well off shiny piano black interior surfaces.

Great news on your purchase. An amazing vehicle that many aspire and lust for. I sat in a couple and struggled to get back into my poor old P38. Make sure that you post up some pics when you finally get the keys!!

Thanks Banarcus, I sure will.

SBD4
12th December 2015, 10:14 PM
CSBrisie is correct 250kw/740Nm. The 0-100 times are marginally better than the SDV6, but it is the sheer force that the SDV8 has and how it pulls through the range that is impressive. On paper not much difference but driving the two back to back really shows the extra grunt. The SDV6 is a great engine, but for me the V8 is just that bit more refined.

Just received update from dealer........No longer in holding Pool!!!:-

Order created date:- 28/10/15
Last date of order change: 4/12/15
Current Planned Build date (W/E): 8/1/16
Planned Dealer deliver date: 25/3/16

Happy with final choice.......roll on March!! :D
you never know, it might arrive a couple of weeks before that.

Build date of 20/10 delivery16/12 ~ 9 weeks instead of 11.

I guess it depends on how quickly it is loaded on a ship.

DrFox1969
13th December 2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks Sean, here's hoping!!

CSBrisie
1st January 2016, 01:21 AM
Saw a new RRS as above being delivered to new owners at Australs yesterday - they do look sensational I must say 😊

SBD4
12th March 2016, 04:12 PM
So Dr, when's the car getting here? Any anticipation building?

DrFox1969
15th March 2016, 01:00 PM
So Dr, when's the car getting here? Any anticipation building?

Hi Sean,

Build date was 7th January 2016

Car left Southampton on 19th January 2016 and arrived in Melbourne on 26th February.

Car arrives at dealer on Thursday this week, by which time it will have taken 3 weeks to get through quarantine, customs and compliance checks etc, and be transported to Adelaide.

I'm booked in to collect on Monday 21st March!!! :clap2:

DrFox1969
16th March 2016, 11:23 AM
I just popped in to the dealer to drop off my new alloys ready for PDI, and got chance to see the car in storage.

Not quite the finished article yet, however even wrapped in plastic it still looked impressive. Its going to be a long wait until Monday!!!

SBD4
18th March 2016, 09:04 AM
mmmmm.... from what I can glean from the pics, illuminated tread plates, sports pedals, TFT instrument cluster(I think) and that sweet sounding TDV8. Looks to be the same colour as my wife's Evoque. Very nice car. Good luck with getting to sleep over the next couple of nights!

DrFox1969
18th March 2016, 01:29 PM
mmmmm.... from what I can glean from the pics, illuminated tread plates, sports pedals, TFT instrument cluster(I think) and that sweet sounding TDV8. Looks to be the same colour as my wife's Evoque. Very nice car. Good luck with getting to sleep over the next couple of nights!

Hi SBD4,

Well spotted.

Full Spec is 2016 SDV8 HSE Dynamic with following options:-

Indus Silver
Contrast Roof - Santorini Black
Ebony/Cirrus Leather
Morzine Headlining (Ebony)
Dark Grey Oak Wood Trim
22 inch 5 Split Spoke-Style 504 (being replaced with custom colour 22 inch 508/Style 17 wheels)
Meridian Surround Audio
Climate Front Seats
Sliding Pano roof
Adaptive Cruise Control
Surround Camera
Blind spot/Closing Veh/Rev Traffic
In Control Apps

Illuminated tread plates, sports pedals and TFT instrument cluster are all standard on the HSE Dynamic.

3 more sleepless nights!!! :spudniksnore:

LRD414
18th March 2016, 03:08 PM
Exciting. Interesting that the sport doesn't use the rotary gear selector.
What colour wheels are your replacement ones?

Scott

DrFox1969
18th March 2016, 03:43 PM
Hi Scott,

The RRS has the same gear selector as the F-Type Jaguar.

Replacement wheels are genuine Land Rover Style 508's which I had resprayed by Rimtek in Adelaide. The colour is Mercedes Mountain Grey.

Just had a text from LR workshop with pictures of replacement black/silver LR badges installed and new wheels fitted during PDI.....they are like teaser shots!!!!

Mark

DrFox1969
18th March 2016, 06:08 PM
Better shot this time......just arrived at showroom ready for detailing on Monday morning and collection on Monday afternoon.