PDA

View Full Version : 1942 WWII Willy Jeep

chuck
14th January 2016, 09:57 PM
My father owns a 1942 WWII Willy's/Ford Jeep.

It is right hand drive and was delivered new to the Australian Army I believe.

He recently spent a fair bit getting it to a roadworthy & reliable condition.

It is still original.

He is thinking of selling it.

What would be the best way to sell it?

stealth
15th January 2016, 10:02 AM
Same as anything else these days, eBay or Gumtree.

If it is right hand drive it has been converted at some stage. They were only ever produced as left hand drive and as far as I know the Australian Army kept them that way.

Aaron IIA
15th January 2016, 10:17 AM
Place an advertisement in the KVE magazine, or a notice up during the swim-in.

Aaron

digger
15th January 2016, 12:45 PM
Or avoid all that Hassel and sell it to me for $100.

:). Just trying to help :twisted:

As said KVE or swim in very good options

Homestar
15th January 2016, 07:01 PM
Place an advertisement in the KVE magazine, or a notice up during the swim-in.

Aaron

Yep, or even bring it to the swim-in. Not far away now and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be there for the whole week with some luck. :)

crash
16th January 2016, 08:36 AM
I would get in contact with a Military Jeep owners club - they would probably point you to an eager buyer right away.

numpty
20th January 2016, 04:49 PM
My father owns a 1942 WWII Willy's/Ford Jeep.

It is right hand drive and was delivered new to the Australian Army I believe.

He recently spent a fair bit getting it to a roadworthy & reliable condition.

It is still original.

He is thinking of selling it.

What would be the best way to sell it?

WW11 Jeeps is a group who put out a newsletter every month called Jeep News and they usually have for sale items in there. If you wish, I can put you on to the editor who may be able to help out.

UncleHo
21st January 2016, 10:36 AM
G'day Chuck
I would suggest that you look at the Military Jeep Club of Qld website,MJCQ Inc. - Military Jeep Club of Queensland (http://www.mjcqinc.com) that will give you an idea as to the value of your vehicle,at around $20+K then you will be able to make a more informed decision as to were you wish to advertise.

cheers

FV1601
21st January 2016, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately, as someone has gone to the trouble to convert to RH drive, there is a considerable drop in value, no matter how good the conversion.
One of the best ways of selling is often getting them included in a clearing sale, hordes of potential Jeep buyers turn up at any such sale when a Jeep (or part of one) is listed.
As mentioned previously, the Corowa Swim In is also worthwhile, the local Jeep guys here seem to get pretty good results, plus you have plenty to look at!
Rich.