PDA

View Full Version : Lose ya bottle Baz?

V8Ian
14th February 2016, 12:42 PM
I see Australia missed out on getting a Vincent White Shadow from the Bonhams auction in Las Vegas. The bike in question is the only factory delivered Shadow in Chinese Red(back). Baz lost his nerve at (AU)$625,880, wimp, fancy allowing a Pom out bid you! :o;)

p38arover
14th February 2016, 01:52 PM
I thought this thread was gunna be about a Suzuki WaterBottle.

pop058
14th February 2016, 07:19 PM

ditto

Redback
15th February 2016, 08:45 AM

ditto

OK just noticed the Red(back) still in the dark though, maybe I'm just slow:angel:

V8Ian
15th February 2016, 05:28 PM
Baz, you're the only person I know who's rich enough to consider that bike and I'm sure you'd appreciate it as much as I would. ;)

Redback
16th February 2016, 07:23 AM
Baz, you're the only person I know who's rich enough to consider that bike and I'm sure you'd appreciate it as much as I would. ;)

Rich, me, mate I'm a Council worker:(

I guess if I could afford it, maybe, I have ridden one, surprisingly quick for it's age and weight, nothing special though.

Just a bit of useless trivia, the guy that built my H1 500 crank back when I was racing post classic events was Phil Irvings Grandson or Nephew, can't remember which, they were closely related, Ian, he was the go to bloke for Kawasaki Triple cranks back then;)

V8Ian
16th February 2016, 08:20 AM
Actually, jerryd could afford it but he's saving up for a Ural. ;)

loanrangie
18th February 2016, 02:41 PM
Rich, me, mate I'm a Council worker:(

I guess if I could afford it, maybe, I have ridden one, surprisingly quick for it's age and weight, nothing special though.

Just a bit of useless trivia, the guy that built my H1 500 crank back when I was racing post classic events was Phil Irvings Grandson or Nephew, can't remember which, they were closely related, Ian, he was the go to bloke for Kawasaki Triple cranks back then;)

One of his son's and grandson lived across from us, his grandson rebuilt a holden panel in a clapped out falling apart shed and it came out looking a million bucks.

Redback
19th February 2016, 07:03 AM
One of his son's and grandson lived across from us, his grandson rebuilt a holden panel in a clapped out falling apart shed and it came out looking a million bucks.

WOW small world, Ian lived in Pendle Hill(near Parramatta) Sydney just off the Great Western Highway.