PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Leyland Trucks

Dark61
15th May 2016, 11:23 AM
not sure where to post this so Mods - please feel free to move.
Went for a walk at the local Antiques centre this am and saw a couple of nice looking Leyland Trucks. Looked in good nick. I wouldn't have thought it would take much to get them running.
cheers,
D

PhilipA
15th May 2016, 12:14 PM
The engine is very familiar as is the same as A90, A95, Morris Isis, and Austin Healey 6.
Regards Philip A

Chops
15th May 2016, 01:15 PM
They look in excellent condition for the age. I love these type of old trucks.
How much do they have on them,, not that I can afford anything. :( I need a million bucks and a farm I think :o

Dark61
15th May 2016, 02:07 PM
I'll ask next time I'm there. May not be for a while. I'd be interested as well. Not that I've got much spare cash either. There were quite a few more different types there, but these two looked good enough to eat (to me).
cheers,
D

Chops
15th May 2016, 09:35 PM
More grouse looking units. Love 'em all :D

They look all set up to show, and the Ford parked half on the road, one would think that's actually a full runner.

Dark61
16th May 2016, 07:49 AM
yep - the Ford looks like it got there itself. I'll go back with a better camera when the weathers a bit kinder. I was using my phone and it was hissing down.
cheers,
D

loanrangie
17th May 2016, 11:20 AM
One of the Leyland's would be nice with a 4.4 under the bonnet ;).

Dark61
21st May 2016, 06:04 PM
popped into the place again today and spoke to the Guv - he wants $1k for the white one and $1500 for the green one - he reckons because the tipper still works on the green one . Neither had anything in the brake pedal. The green one had a make do petrol tank. The white one looked the go for me , stuck my nose in the tank and it smelled fresh - the tray on the green one looked beyond redemption. I'd be tempted with the white one if one of my rainwater tanks hadn't just carked it.
cheers,
D

Chops
21st May 2016, 06:15 PM
They sound alright for the price though,, I've seen a lot worse with much more money on them.

Dark61
23rd May 2016, 08:28 AM
Yep - I reckon there's a lot of Truck for your money. I reckon he'd come down a bit as well.
cheers,
D