PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting a reversing camera

HQU
14th June 2016, 08:36 AM
New to site. Looking at retrofitting a reversing camera on a MY12 D4 with colour touch screen with DVD. Have seen some great earlier advice on same topic on various threads but still confused - not difficult. For all you clever electronic whizzes out there, am I right in thinking that I can wire the camera up at the rear (to the power on the reversing lights I presume), run the cable and 'just' connect it to a pin (the two middle pins as shown on one of the posts) on the back of the touch screen without any interface like a GVIF. Then after 'enabling' it (CCF or Faultmate?) should work just like a bought one coming on to the screen when I select reverse? If so, does anyone have the best place to go (on the WWW as I'm in NZ) for the hardware needed, camera wiring etc? Thanks :)

Cambo_oldjaguar
26th June 2016, 07:34 PM

If you want a reversing camera to work like an OEM one, then you need the correct signal out of the camera into the coaxial video input on the screen.

With the Reverse Camera activated in the CCF, it will switch the screen to that coaxial video input. But if the signal is not compatible you will just see black, or noise.