PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 SDV6 turbo

sierrafery
28th October 2016, 04:25 PM
Hi all, can anybody tell me please what type of turbos are on the 3.0 sdv6 2015 modell, are they both the same or a two in one unit? a friend of mine wants to fit a turbo blanket and we couldn't figure out if the T3 will fit or we need bigger or even two of them. Any help will be gratefully received

justinc
28th October 2016, 04:32 PM
Ever tried to reach it to fit the blankie???😮😮😮

Jc

sierrafery
28th October 2016, 04:38 PM
I couldn even look under the bonnet cos my friend is in other city 60km away and he is completely atechnical(he's a violonist :cool:), we spoke on the phone and he asked for my help so i'm asking further cos when i'll know what it's needed i'll order it for him and book him to my mechanic...unless somebody here will advise against that

justinc
28th October 2016, 07:06 PM
I personally would not at all think about fitting one...

Jc

sierrafery
28th October 2016, 07:10 PM
Do you mean especially on this engine or in general? cos i fitted one to my td5, my cousin has one on the tdv6 and we are both pleased but when it comes to this double turbo ''beast'' i'm clueless

justinc
28th October 2016, 07:24 PM
Access is the biggest issue. Along with the possibility of it becoming oil contaminated or suchlike and becoming a fire risk...😮

sierrafery
28th October 2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks for that, that's good to know... i've never even opened the bonnet to a RRS like this so i've had no ideea where the turbos are fitted

Barryp
4th November 2016, 05:26 AM
Buried, one on each side of the motor well down from the top and inaccessible without significant removal of inner guards etc.
Regards
Baz