PDA

View Full Version : Bows for Haulmark Trailer

becollier
5th November 2016, 09:24 AM
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can source the bows that support the canopy for our ex military 750kg Haulmark trailer?

87County
5th November 2016, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum.....

Those bows would be like hen's teeth I reckon.

However, the originals are square section aluminium of a size to fit the mounts, and would be simple to copy and bend.

When I get around to making replacements for a new custom canopy, I will use round section (easier on the tarp) and make the bows, which are presently a bit too short to be useful :) ,somewhat higher.

I suspect the original height was governed by allowing top clearance from the original storage brackets at the front of the trailer

more info here: http://remlr.com/forum/index.php?topic=3577.0

becollier
6th November 2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks. I'm taking it to an metal fabricator tomorrow as the draw bar needs fixing. Looks like it's been jackknifed. I'll see whether he can make up a set.

87County
7th November 2016, 08:24 AM

Looks like it's been jackknifed. ........

Seems like most of them had been to a major or minor degree.

(probably used for training ?? ).

This is where the equivalent Cooks branded trailer may be superior.

Mick_Marsh
7th November 2016, 09:48 AM
I needed to make some hood bows for the Inter. I wanted round. I ended up going to an engineering shop.

Whilst looking around, I inquired at a few horse float manufacturers. They could only bend square tube.

Someone will be able to make them. It is just a matter of asking around to find them.

becollier
8th November 2016, 09:32 AM
I've spoken to the engineer and he can make up a set. The question is how high are the uprights and how high is the centre point. From the online tech drawing it looks like the high point is 450mm high from the top of the wall but I don't how high the corner posts are from the top of the wall to where they curve.

Any ideas?