PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for General use to suit D3

stevo68
20th January 2006, 05:02 PM
Having been carting around wheely bins in back of my disco ( we dont have garbage trucks out our way) have decided due to stink mainly to get a trailer. I know zip about trailers and I am assuming that a trailer for my D3 would be same for previous models. I just want to use trailer for general use ie trips to the tip, carting stuff on occasions and so forth. Any suggestions?? ie do you need a specific trailer if you have a 4WD in terms of size, wheels etc etc. Thanking in advance for any assistance/ thoughts,

Regards

Stevo

George130
20th January 2006, 09:29 PM
I use my old trailer with the defender. Its noticible that the trailer suspension is lower the my rig though but no probs with it.

drivesafe
20th January 2006, 11:35 PM
Hi stevo68, I have yet to try anything on the D3 but I have a camper trailer ( with nothing in it ) and a standard 4x7 box trailer and both travel well behind the Rangy.

I don’t know if the set up is the same on the D3 but I imagine it would be similar to the Rangy and as such, as soon as I plug in the trailer’s socket, the ride level in the Rangy goes to standard road height and stays there, none of the setting are then selectable.

On the flip side, on a number of occasions where a trailer’s coupler was not high enough, I have lowered the rangy and been able to couple up.

Cheers.

PS, was that your D3 I passed and WAVED at and received a WAVE from at the floods on Somerset Drive today. :wink:

stevo68
23rd January 2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the tips and yes Drivesafe that may have been me, if you were waving at a black D3, I have been waving at all LR's I see in the area. Mind you I could have waved and not realised I got a wave in the first place https://www.aulro.com/afvb/. What colour is your RR?? Will keep an eye out for it. I finally got to give the D3 a water crossing after they had closed off the road there. Was coming back at night having passed it on way home as live off GC Springbrook Rd, and turned up there went through 3 lots of flooding, got up to Bonogin Rd turnoff and came back down with my partner's bemused look https://www.aulro.com/afvb/. Will be looking on weekend for trailer, so will keep tips in mind,

Regards

Stevo