PDA

View Full Version : Stolen ENGEL 40L fridge

POD
31st August 2017, 07:38 PM
Stolen ENGEL 40L fridge
Stolen out of the canopy on the Defender at Drouin railway station last Frriday. Scumbags broke the lock and then ripped the fridge out of it's anchors. Grey in colour and has a screw in the front that had a thermometer hung on it. Was screwed down to a sheet of particle board that is covered in grey carpet- the board has gone with the fridge screwed to it.

fitzy
31st August 2017, 07:42 PM
How dare they steal a mans fridge.
Summary execution.

Zeros
31st August 2017, 10:50 PM
I had my Engel stolen a couple of years ago from the laundry in a country town in Victoria. The cops said there is a massive trade in Engels and that many end up on the market in Queensland. Few are ever recovered. So beware if you're buying a second hand one is QLD.

POD
11th October 2017, 10:04 AM
Further to this, I only discovered about a fortnight after the theft that they had also taken the tub containing my nanocom, along with the microphones and cables for my HF radio. Had a fault code come up on the 130 and went to get the nanocom, funny how you don't notice stuff missing until you need it. Still wondering what else I might not realise is gone.
2 detectives came to my door on Friday and said they had a bloke in custody and had recovered a heap of stolen property, also he had a photo of an engel fridge on his phone. Would I like to come to the station and see if any of the recovered booty is mine.
2 interview rooms and a garden shed full of recovered stolen property from this scumbag. None of it mine. They showed me the photo of a fridge they had taken from the crim's phone, easily identifiable as my fridge- still screwed to the carpeted plywood board that I had it mounted on. They had not recovered the fridge.
This crim had been cruising up and down the railway tracks stealing stuff from worksites and vehicles. There were dozens of power tools and other tools along with all manner of stuff. He could have opened his own cash converters branch.
Scumbag is currently on remand.

The nanocom has been deregistered, most probably will be dumped I guess.

trout1105
11th October 2017, 10:20 AM
The likelihood of getting your engel back is pretty slim But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that the Police have caught up with the piece of Filth that stole it, Hopefully the courts will hand out appropriate punishment and not just put this Vermin on community service or the like.

p38arover
11th October 2017, 04:53 PM
Unlikely.

Chops
11th October 2017, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear about this Pete,, like the others, I doubt you'll see it again, and if you do, it'll probably need fixing and cost you money anyway.

I hate thieves,,, the lowest of lowest scum sucking arseholes on the face of the earth.

Thieveing ****** should have they're hands cut off.

POD
11th October 2017, 10:15 PM
Fair go Marcus, I'm sure it's mostly his parents' fault.
It really wound me up looking at the piles of stolen stuff at the jackhouse. My gear was all essentially recreational, whereas a large proportion of the recovered items were things people use for their livelihood.
Given that he is in the remand centre at present, I'm pretty sure a custodial sentence will be handed down.

rar110
12th October 2017, 07:39 AM
He must have a bit or form if refused bail.