PDA

View Full Version : They won't work on these

Bigbjorn
19th October 2017, 05:15 PM
A good friend had a very prosperous motor repair business. He retired seven years ago and handed over to No. 2 son who is likewise running it very successfully. When visiting recently I had a good yarn with the son. He told me he won't book in Audi, Citroen, Peugeot, Renault and some models of Mercedes. Why? They are a PIA and not worth the hassles. The local guy who does my repairs now I am too old and crook told me the same with the addition of current model Ford Ranger and Mazda equivalent (the 5 cylinder one). An auto electronics technician down in Redlands has an A4 sign at his reception listing vehicles he doesn't work on. Much the same as the other guys with a couple of extras. "They are nightmare!". I asked him about all-electronic singing and dancing Range Rovers and Discovery. He says they are fine but see your bank manager.

Bigbjorn
21st October 2017, 05:05 PM
A good friend had a very prosperous motor repair business. He retired seven years ago and handed over to No. 2 son who is likewise running it very successfully. When visiting recently I had a good yarn with the son. He told me he won't book in Audi, Citroen, Peugeot, Renault and some models of Mercedes. Why? They are a PIA and not worth the hassles. The local guy who does my repairs now I am too old and crook told me the same with the addition of current model Ford Ranger and Mazda equivalent (the 5 cylinder one). An auto electronics technician down in Redlands has an A4 sign at his reception listing vehicles he doesn't work on. Much the same as the other guys with a couple of extras. "They are nightmare!". I asked him about all-electronic singing and dancing Range Rovers and Discovery. He says they are fine but see your bank manager.

I neglected to mention that the local bloke flatly refuses to work on Land Rovers in spite of my efforts to convince him that Series and Countys are no more complex than an EH Holden. He probably has electronic RR's and Discos with the notorious Td5 in mind. This is a nuisance as he is just a short walk from home and I have to take the LR elsewhere.