PDA

View Full Version : Tips for jumping the perentie off my little Peugeot?

lalaland
22nd December 2017, 01:50 PM
Hi any/everyone.. ive just discovered my landy is flat.. must have been leaving that light on - i drove it on Wednesday.
im leaving for holidays tomorrow and the only car i have to jump it off is my little peugeot.. will this work?
thanks folks..
also its difficult to see under the seat to get to the node things.. any hints there as to where the black and where the red go?

*sigh*

thanks..
eila

Eevo
22nd December 2017, 02:28 PM
dry chem fire extinguisher is your friend.

weeds
22nd December 2017, 03:04 PM
If your asking how to connect jumper leads it might be best signing up for roadside assist and let them do it.

Black is negative -
Red is positive +

I would start the little car and let it run for 20min while connected to the perentie to put some charge into it.

Tins
22nd December 2017, 03:58 PM
Hi any/everyone.. ive just discovered my landy is flat.. must have been leaving that light on - i drove it on Wednesday.
im leaving for holidays tomorrow and the only car i have to jump it off is my little peugeot.. will this work?
thanks folks..
also its difficult to see under the seat to get to the node things.. any hints there as to where the black and where the red go?

*sigh*

thanks..
eila

It will work if you use the Pug to charge the Perenties battery, rather than merely try to jump it. Do what Weeds says, but I'd leave it for longer than 20. You want to get a decent charge into the bigger battery. It also depends on your leads. Most commercially sold jumper leads are rubbish, and cannot carry sufficient current to start a big engine.

However, I have started my 300 TDi off my ride on by using the method I described.

lalaland
23rd December 2017, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the help! I managed to do it after some wrestling with the seat which didn’t move an inch, ran the Peugeot for about 5 mins on 2000 revs (put a brick on the peddle) and jumped The Beast! Mechanic Brad from KLR talked me through it. #senseofachievement! Thanks guys! Time to pack!

Tins
23rd December 2017, 10:08 AM
ran the Peugeot for about 5 mins on 2000 revs (put a brick on the peddle) !

Or, you could do that...