PDA

View Full Version : Easy Lift EAS module

Ryanonfire
14th August 2018, 02:37 PM
Hey guys,

Looking into getting a height adjustment module for my D4. There has been plenty of forums on the Llams module, GAP iidtool etc but just wondering if anyone had heard of the Easy Lift module? Land Rover passion out of Italy sell the module.

Suspensions module Easy Lift for Discovery 4 by Land Rover Passion (https://www.landroverpassion.com/en/product/suspensions-module-easy-lift-discovery-4/)

Looks like a pretty decent option from specs and youtube video. I like the fact you can control from phone and display is nice.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Cheers

Oztourer
14th August 2018, 03:32 PM
Looks like a copy of Llams with an additional smartphone interface. Nice gimmick but probably unnecessary especially considering you'd be paying nearly $AUD300 more for it.

DieselLSE
14th August 2018, 03:42 PM
Not sure that I see the point of the smartphone interface. Except that it could be handy for externally raising and lowering the car onto and off a trailer. Using the key fob to do this is clumsy. Personally, I'm very happy with LLAMS but I'd certainly look at Easy Lift if LLAMS wasn't available. The Lite version is roughly the same price.

rocket rod
14th August 2018, 03:57 PM
Looks like it does the same as LLAMS with the added bonus of TTM for wheel alignment (and other features) which maybe handy if you don't have a GAP tool but I'm still in favour of the local product.

matti4556
14th August 2018, 04:11 PM
So Graham - is TTM on the cards?
I would pay for an upgraded LLAMS module simply to know I can take it for a wheel alignment without the hassles.
Do-able?
Matti

Graeme
14th August 2018, 04:35 PM
Sorry Matti, no TTM for Llams on the horizon as Llams doesn't interact with the suspension module.

ndrew
15th August 2018, 04:44 AM
Looking into getting a height adjustment module for my D4. There has been plenty of forums on the Llams module, GAP iidtool etc but just wondering if anyone had heard of the Easy Lift module? Land Rover passion out of Italy sell the module.

Suspensions module Easy Lift for Discovery 4 by Land Rover Passion (https://www.landroverpassion.com/en/product/suspensions-module-easy-lift-discovery-4/)

Looks like a pretty decent option from specs and youtube video. I like the fact you can control from phone and display is nice.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Save your shekels and buy a Gap IIDTool. You get the benefit of all the extra diagnostic features, as well as easy suspension changes. The reality for my last off-road trip was that I simply selected the off-road profile I’d created at the start of the trip and that was the last time I had to fiddle with the suspension.

Its a few extra bucks, but if you’re thinking of dropping that kind of money on the Land Rover Passion device, I’d say you’d be better served by going the whole hog with the IIDTool.

Cheers,

— Andrew

Turtle60
15th August 2018, 06:40 AM
Save your shekels and buy a Gap IIDTool. You get the benefit of all the extra diagnostic features, as well as easy suspension changes. The reality for my last off-road trip was that I simply selected the off-road profile I’d created at the start of the trip and that was the last time I had to fiddle with the suspension.

Its a few extra bucks, but if you’re thinking of dropping that kind of money on the Land Rover Passion device, I’d say you’d be better served by going the whole hog with the IIDTool.

Cheers,

— Andrew
Gap IID tool all the way. Can do sooo much more.

Ryanonfire
15th August 2018, 02:17 PM
Yeh true.
Thanks for the replies, some valid points.

$$ is defo a big consideration. I really need something with the flexibility of changing heights on the fly ideally rather than having to stop the car, program EAS each time I want to change ride height (assuming that's the way the iidtool works) which puts the llams on the radar. It's the 50km/hr that kills me on beach driving and off-road tracks where 50 is just that annoying bit too slow. But with all the functionality of the iidtool...

It's a tough one...

SeanC
15th August 2018, 04:56 PM
Try here. 4x4 Outdoor Tuning :: Electronic handling and offroad kit, 3 positions, + 26 mm / normal / - 23 mm, for Land Rover Discovery (http://www.4x4outdoortuning.com.au/electronic-handling-and-offroad-kit-3-positions-26-mm-normal-23-mm-for-land-rover-discovery.html)

Almost 3 grand for their llams but it is “German”. Maybe it levitates the vehicle over obstacles. And almost 7 grand for a set of 4 D3/D4 shock absorbers. Not complete airspring, shock assembly. Just the shocks.

Who buys this stuff. I wished I had the money to afford these. I wouldn’t buy them. Just wished I had that sort of money.

Graeme
15th August 2018, 05:37 PM
Unless you don't want to get involved with diagnosing faults, I suggest that a good diagnostic tool such as the IIDTool is virtually mandatory. The only reason to get a Llams first would be if you needed to lower or raise during on-road driving where the lower or higher stance is inappropriate most of the time.

Ryanonfire
15th August 2018, 07:20 PM
Yeh true.

I have a really basic fault code reader/clearer, cheapy that cost $150. Got it to bridge a gap before I buy a more suitable diagnostic.

I think for my current situation (weekend warrior) the Llams kit will be much more practical for me. As I understand it, the iidtool requires you program an offset into the suspension which means all heights will be affected by the offset, whereas the llams allows you to flick the dial on the fly too allow you to raise/lower suspension and still travel at high speed (above 50km/hr). Please correct me if Im wrong.

Completely agree with the importance of an adequate diagnostic but I have to prioritise and I cant stretch the budget to $700 just yet ='(

Graeme
15th August 2018, 08:04 PM
I don't know but someone will chime in with how high the IIDTool can raise all heights. Noting that I make the Llams kits, for my use where I raise my vehicle 30mm for 6 kms every time I leave or return to my home, stopping to use the IIDTool to load a different set of heights at each end of the 6 km stretch would be totally unacceptable and a primary reason why I persisted with the development of what became the Llams kit. That I can lower for improved access for my wife at a flick of the switch is another example of short-term usage.

DiscoJeffster
16th August 2018, 12:11 AM
While I don’t do it, the IID should be able to be used while driving. All it’s doing is inserting new offset values which I understand will be enacted whenever applied.
It has the ability for you to set three settings and with the press of a button, switch as per the photo, plus many other functions.

Manual
https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/wordpress/web-ajax/download.php?f=IIDToolV3.00.pdf

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180815/3df024885b4865eff21b9ddb325ca72a.jpg

Ryanonfire
16th August 2018, 06:59 AM
Thanks for all the responses and info. Bit the bullet and ordered the llams kit! Big Kev excited 🤙
Now to find a second hand set of compos!!

Ferret
16th August 2018, 10:41 AM
When changing height calibration settings using the GAP tool, I don't stop - do it on the fly. The world hasn't ended yet.

Ryanonfire
16th August 2018, 02:57 PM
Sounds like the iidtool does it all.

Does anyone know if you can unlock to a different vehicle if you bought it second hand and approx costs??

loanrangie
16th August 2018, 03:02 PM
Sounds like the iidtool does it all.

Does anyone know if you can unlock to a different vehicle if you bought it second hand and approx costs??

Yes you can, was pretty cheap to change like $50 or so.

Turtle60
16th August 2018, 08:15 PM
Just had my gad tool plugged in for three weeks. Changed on the fly many times. In fact had my wife do it so I didn’t stop. Any suspension raise is over normal like a 25 mm ( for example) height increase is at all speeds. Great piece of kit.

Mog60
17th August 2018, 09:06 AM
I don't know but someone will chime in with how high the IIDTool can raise all heights.

Can anyone advise what heights they routinely use for the three settings and also what the maximum and minimum values could be without risking any damage to the suspension for the Gap IID tool please?

Thanks. Peter

DiscoJeffster
17th August 2018, 09:34 AM
Can anyone advise what heights they routinely use for the three settings and also what the maximum and minimum values could be without risking any damage to the suspension for the Gap IID tool please?

Thanks. Peter

I mainly use a +30 setting when I hit the dirt tracks. Reason being is it doesn’t lower over ~45kph so I maintain some extra clearance. From there when it gets rough I’m normally going slowly anyhow so then use the in cab raise.

loanrangie
17th August 2018, 09:48 AM
DJ, so you make normal height plus 30 and that makes offroad plus 30 as well ?

Celtoid
17th August 2018, 10:23 AM
I mainly use a +30 setting when I hit the dirt tracks. Reason being is it doesn’t lower over ~45kph so I maintain some extra clearance. From there when it gets rough I’m normally going slowly anyhow so then use the in cab raise.

I'm sure it's dead on 55kph where the car lowers[smilebigeye]. Gongs start from ~43kph if I remember correctly but it doesn't lower till 55kph.

Either way it's a PITA. Love using LLAMS to keep the extra clearance at higher speeds with no lowering and no gongs.

Graeme
17th August 2018, 10:45 AM
Lowering from off-road height occurs at real speed 50 kph when the speedo is reading about 54 (2%+3kph ex factory).

Celtoid
17th August 2018, 12:45 PM
Lowering from off-road height occurs at real speed 50 kph when the speedo is reading about 54 (2%+3kph ex factory).

Yes, should have mentioned that …. speedo indicated with 255/55/19 tyres. I've checked multiple times in both my D4s and it's 55kph indicated every time …. but let's not split hairs … [bigrolf].

My GOEs with 285/60/18 make the indication closer to my GPS speed. But that level of accuracy changes over the speed range.

Ferret
17th August 2018, 04:59 PM
... also what the maximum and minimum values could be without risking any damage to the suspension for the Gap IID tool please?

Thanks. Peter

When in 'extended height' there is little wheel travel left in the up direction, topping out is very easily achieved which can't be good for the suspension.

If you place the vehicle into 'extended height' by dialling in +50mm with the Gap tool and selecting 'off road height' from within the cabin you have made a conscious decision to do so and so should be aware of problems and limitations when at speed of using that set up.

However, what some people don't realise (or remember) is that if you dial in +50mm at 'highway height' thinking that I'm really only at 'off road height' so all should be good but then select 'rock craw mode' then without being aware of things your vehicle will effectively enter 'extended height', perhaps without you realising it because 'off road height' is selected automatically when in rock crawl.

Normally if the vehicle enters 'extended height' there is a max speed limit of ~5kph applied. If that speed is exceeded the vehicle will drop out of 'extended height' for safety reasons (centre of gravity and suspension damage possibility) but when it enters 'extended height' by fudging things using the Gap tool then 5kph speed limitation no longer applies.

Long story short - be aware you can be in 'extended height' without being aware of it.

Celtoid
17th August 2018, 09:42 PM
And extending the suspension creates a trade off in Centre of Gravity, articulation and traction .... you have to be aware of that and chose settings accordingly.

Turtle60
17th August 2018, 10:55 PM
Lonerangie if you set up say 30mm of extra height then this will be at ALL speeds when normal road height is selected. If you select off road height you will now be raised 30 mm above your old off road height BUT this will lower at 50+ kph. You can make up any heights as you have three settings.

I have 265/65/18 tyres so oversized and have a 1st level setting at +25. So with the tyres it’s a nice lift that I don’t think will over stress the cv’s. But only when desirable.

In relation to extended mode (which your cannot select) I did trigger this inadvertently recently but it clearly told me on the dash at the time. It also had a red ! Mark. So short of not noticing the dash you do know you are in extended mode and you soon pop down.
Agree with all the other comments about higher COG so be sensible and selective when you apply changes and drive accordingly and you’ll be OK.