PDA

View Full Version : D5 - made in Britain still?

hazza1981
18th September 2018, 08:10 AM
Hi all

Can anyone tell me that has a relatively new D5 whether it has the made in Britain badge on it anywhere?

I've been reading that production of the Discovery has already shifted out of Britain to Slovakia, and on looking at a D5 in a showroom the other day couldn't actually see the Union Jack flag with made in Britain on it anywhere. Why would they get rid of this if it was still made in Britain? Have had Freelander, D4 and currently a RRS and they all have this when you open the drivers door.

thanks

Gregz
18th September 2018, 09:34 AM
If you have a VIN, you can look it up in topix, it should say SOLIHULL ASSEMBLY (UK) or similar.
On the VIN the 11th character is the build location . Traditionally A = Solihull, F = Worldwide CKD, V = South Africa. Not sure what character they will use for Slovakia .

hazza1981
18th September 2018, 10:01 AM
Thanks have since discovered that in the VINs, don’t have one for my order yet though to check.

Found an article saying production started in Slovakia on 3 September.....

discojools
18th September 2018, 11:31 AM
I think Discovery Sport has been moved Slovakia.

loanrangie
18th September 2018, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure the Slovak factory isnt producing yet.

hazza1981
18th September 2018, 12:38 PM
Pretty sure the Slovak factory isnt producing yet.

Looks like they started on 3 September:

Insiders indicate that Jaguar Land Rover in Nitra will start production on September 3 - spectator.sme.sk (https://spectator.sme.sk/c/20896352/insiders-indicate-that-jaguar-land-rover-in-nitra-will-start-production-on-september-3.html?ref=av-right)