PDA

View Full Version : Ford ranger 30,000ks and tyres worn uneven

Ean Austral
5th January 2019, 11:42 AM
Gday All,

Daughter bought a new Ford ranger dual cab Ute late 2017, done 30,000ks since new and the inside of the 2 front tyres have worn thru to the canvas yet still plenty of tread on the middle and outside of the tyres.
Never been off-road , should this be a warranty issue or is it just plain bad luck, Dealer don’t want to know about it and said it’s her fault she never got a wheel alignment.

what would you do or expect ?

Cheers Ean

Slunnie
5th January 2019, 11:52 AM
I thin the dealer is shirking resonsibility here.

What does the service schedule or manual say about wheel alignment timings?

grey_ghost
5th January 2019, 11:56 AM
I had a similar issue with my Skoda with the same result...

Homestar
5th January 2019, 12:13 PM
Has it been serviced at the Dealers each time? If so I’d put it back on them saying you never told me during a service that the alignment was out and why would it be after 30,000KM.

All dealers will try and shirk their responsibilities at every opportunity. You’ll need to be the squeaky wheel to get anything done.

After many issues with the servicing of my Hilux, and me digging my heals in on numerous occasions about the lack of detail shown and numerous cock ups, the Service Manager now gives me his own Company car each time I go in (A brand new top spec Hybrid Camry) as they were sick of me bagging them out in front of all the other customers every time they ****ed something up.

Go back, again, and again, and make a bit of a ***** of yourself.... You shouldn’t have to, but I’ve found this is the only thing they seem to understand.

rangieman
5th January 2019, 12:45 PM
Ha it been serviced at the Dealers each time? If so I’d put it back on them saying you never told me during a service that the alignment was out and why would it be after 30,000KM.

All dealers will try and shirk their responsibilities at every opportunity. You’ll need to be the squeaky wheel to get anything done.

After many issues with the servicing of my Hilux, and me digging my heals in on numerous occasions about the lack of detail shown and numerous cock ups, the Service Manager now gives me his own Company car each time I go in (A brand new top spec Hybrid Camry) as they were sick of me bagging them out in front of all the other customers every time they ****ed something up.

Go back, again, and again, and make a bit of a ***** of yourself.... You shouldn’t have to, but I’ve found this is the only thing they seem to understand.
What he said .
How many wheel alignments should a car have in 30 k from new really what a load of crap :bat:

weeds
5th January 2019, 01:56 PM
@ 30k inwould have imagined there would have been at least one or two services and they should have advised uneven tyre wear.

The BT at work has only had when we fitted new tyres @80k

Ean Austral
5th January 2019, 02:12 PM
Serviced at the dealer it was purchased from as per their recommended intervals.

she is going back in on Monday to sort it as she wasn’t 100% sure when she left on Friday what to do.

Cheers Ean

scarry
5th January 2019, 02:31 PM
Get the service book or paperwork out for each service that has been done.
Does it say to check tyres?

This will give you some idea what to say to them on monday.

justinc
5th January 2019, 03:08 PM
Dealer serviced, and uneven wear??? Its THEIR problem...

Slunnie
5th January 2019, 03:55 PM
I think their get of jail card will be that consumable items are not warranted even if they did setup the wheel alignment wrong.