PDA

View Full Version : What is behind the oil pressure switch?

Silenceisgolden
14th January 2019, 05:01 PM
Hello, Can anyone tell me what the switch about 50mm behind the oil pressure switch is please? It has two wires, yellow with a blue trace, that couple to two green wires and then disappears into a bunch of spaghetti. The oil pressure switch has one white wire that changes to white/brown. It is a Bushranger version.
Thanks, Paul

Blknight.aus
14th January 2019, 06:00 PM
second oil pressure switch.

it runs the reverse lights.

Silenceisgolden
14th January 2019, 06:16 PM
second oil pressure switch.

it runs the reverse lights.

Thanks Dave, much obliged.

Cheers, Paul

Blknight.aus
14th January 2019, 07:42 PM
judicious use of whiteman magic spark trickery allows you to use it to drive a basic DBS.

I plan on rewiring Archaeopteryx so that all the not start motor, EDIC or blackout marker electrics hang off the switching for it.

Silenceisgolden
15th January 2019, 07:31 AM
judicious use of whiteman magic spark trickery allows you to use it to drive a basic DBS.

I plan on rewiring Archaeopteryx so that all the not start motor, EDIC or blackout marker electrics hang off the switching for it.

Is that to prevent the engine starting until oil pressure comes up? I guess it would be especially useful after an oil and filter change.

Blknight.aus
20th January 2019, 09:42 AM
Is that to prevent the engine starting until oil pressure comes up? I guess it would be especially useful after an oil and filter change.

No, as I'm planning on setting up archy for extended trips a multi battery system is going in. I'll be putting something like 2 n55/60's in place of the single n70 thats there now one will be for the starting the engine and once the alternator is up and charging running the vehicle lighting/fans/accessory electrics the second will be for the always on 12v accessories inside the cab, (gps, 2 way, phone chargers diesel heater)

The latter will have a small solar panel to top it up.

the simple DBS control on the reverse switch will simply be to automatically turn off the heavy draw items in the vehicle electrics when the engine shuts down.

the next set of batteries will probably be a 24v bank to run fridges and inverters.